how to combine working and charging laptop battery ?

A Jozef

would like to preserve my battery as long as possible.
Now suppose that the battery is entirely empty, so I have to connect to the
electrical current to start working.
Say that I work one hour, during which the battery has also charged.
Is it then better to let the battery continu to charge ?
Or to discontinue the charging and to empty the battery by doing my next
work on battery (till empty).

I know that the best thing is allways to fully charge the battery, without
interruption, from zero to fully charged and then to work on battery until
completely empty.

But if you use your laptop a lot you have often to start working with an
empty battery and you cannot avoid that she charges during your work.

Disconnecting charging then means that you interrupt the charging.

Maintaining the charging means that you did not have the ideal pattern of a
full charge, without switching the laptop on.

Thanks for any reaction.

Nite Rider

Lithium-ion batteries are not affected on how you charge them, fully or not,
though they don't like to be overcharged. If you want to preserve the
battery disconnect the laptop from power when you are not using it, as most
laptops trickle charge as the computer is turned off. Also another way is to
simply remove the battery from the computer when you are not using it,
unless that is your computer doesn't support that or you need it as a ups.
"A Jozef" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bjn6o2$7l$(E-Mail Removed)...
> would like to preserve my battery as long as possible.
> Now suppose that the battery is entirely empty, so I have to connect to

the
> electrical current to start working.
> Say that I work one hour, during which the battery has also charged.
> Is it then better to let the battery continu to charge ?
> Or to discontinue the charging and to empty the battery by doing my next
> work on battery (till empty).
>
> I know that the best thing is allways to fully charge the battery, without
> interruption, from zero to fully charged and then to work on battery until
> completely empty.
>
> But if you use your laptop a lot you have often to start working with an
> empty battery and you cannot avoid that she charges during your work.
>
> Disconnecting charging then means that you interrupt the charging.
>
> Maintaining the charging means that you did not have the ideal pattern of

> full charge, without switching the laptop on.
>
> Thanks for any reaction.

budgie

On Sat, 13 Sep 2003 06:14:26 GMT, "Nite Rider"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Lithium-ion batteries are not affected on how you charge them, fully or not,
>though they don't like to be overcharged. If you want to preserve the
>battery disconnect the laptop from power when you are not using it, as most
>laptops trickle charge as the computer is turned off.

Name ONE laptop that trickle charges a Lithium-Ion battery.