Compaq 8710w : xD card crash the pc

Fidji

Hi,
My PC is running Vista Ultimate SP1.
Each time I insert a xD card in the card reader the system
crash with blue screen.
The result is that all what is on the card is scratched. Like
that I've lost all my holydays pictures.

There is no event related in the windows event viewer.

I've installed all the recommanded HP update, using
"HP heath check".

Important point, I use a SD card without any problem.

Any of you know about this problem ?
Thank's

Christian Dürrhauer

Fidji wrote:
> Hi,
> My PC is running Vista Ultimate SP1.
> Each time I insert a xD card in the card reader the system
> crash with blue screen.
> The result is that all what is on the card is scratched. Like
> that I've lost all my holydays pictures.
>
> There is no event related in the windows event viewer.
>
> I've installed all the recommanded HP update, using "HP heath check".
>
> Important point, I use a SD card without any problem.
>
> Any of you know about this problem ?

have you tested with different xd cards?

Christian