Junior Member

Hey everyone, I really need someones help and will be eternally in debt to whoever helps me.

I am the owner of a Compaq Evo D500 with 1.8 ghz processor with 400 mhz fsb. Recently I purchased a new 2.8 ghz also 400 mhz fsb. When I installed there was a 1801 microcode error, and so I needed to upgrade my bios from 2.11 to 3.04 using the upgrade I got from HP's website.

Now when I start the computer here is what is displayed.

Initializing intel(r) boot agent version 4.1.08
PXE 2.1 Build 083 (wfm 2.0), RPL V2.74

**** Then I press F1 to boot*** ... and it says

PXE-E61 Media test failure, Check cable
PXE-M0F Exiting Intel Boot Agent

Non-System disk or disk error
Replace and strike any key when ready

Unfortunately I don't have a disk in the floppy drive. And when I go to system preferences the bios isn't even recognizing my hard disk or my floppy. So when I try to flash the bios with a floppy nothing happens. At this point I'll try anything.

Can anyone give me any suggestions?
greatly appreciated.
Charlie.

Junior Member

check boot order and disable boot from LAN set HD at number 1, try reseating hd if that fails or try another hd in machine

Compaq Evo D500 USB ant30dio@yahoo.com Compaq 4 11-25-2007 04:38 PM
compaq EVO D500 Mobo:Need Pin Settings daman77 HP 0 02-12-2007 10:08 PM
Compaq Evo Desktop D500 Test Compaq 3 10-07-2005 07:07 PM
Can I upgrade from Win2K to XP on Compaq EVO D500 ? Mark Wilson Compaq 4 07-03-2005 02:18 AM
Latitude D500 Memory Upgrade XINGDE WONG Dell 2 11-25-2003 04:08 AM