Compaq Portable III questions

The Eighth Doctor

Hello from the Eighth Doctor
I have here a Compaq Portable III that I want to upgrade. The company, before the
merger, gave me strange information regarding who was supporting that model after
they had officially discontinued them.

I'd like to find out the maximum sized hard drive that model can use, and where I
can find the memory upgrade boards that were supposed to be available. Also what
releases of DOS would run there after 3.3. If any of this is unclear please feel free to
ask.
--
Gregg drwho8 atsign att dot net

Peter Emanuelsson

On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 19:46:41 GMT, in comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.systems,
(E-Mail Removed) (The Eighth Doctor) wrote:

>Hello from the Eighth Doctor
>I have here a Compaq Portable III that I want to upgrade. The company, before the
>merger, gave me strange information regarding who was supporting that model after
>they had officially discontinued them.
>
>I'd like to find out the maximum sized hard drive that model can use, and where I
>can find the memory upgrade boards that were supposed to be available. Also what
>releases of DOS would run there after 3.3. If any of this is unclear please feel free to
>ask.

Don't know anything about that computer, but if it can run MS-DOS
v3.3, it probably can run v6.22 too (or whatever version that was the
final before Win95 arrived).

--
May all spammers die in horrible pains!
Wanna e-mail me? Well, peter_e is correct, but the rest is obviously bogus...