Compaq Presario 2550CA Wireless Driver - Where?

Chris

I have a Compaq Presario 2550CA

My wireless adapter that came built in with the computer is Lan Express.

I have installed both XP Home and XP Professional on my computer a couple of
times since I got it. I have the Compaq Windows XP Home cd that came with
my computer (not referring to the restore cd's) and I have a Microsoft
Windows XP Professional cd.

When I have installed XP Home, the wireless driver is included and works
fine. When I install off the MS Prof. cd, the wireless driver is not
included and I have to download it off the Compaq support website.

Last time I installed XP Prof. I downloaded the broadcom wireless drivers
and they didn't work. This was when Compaq was in transition to HP and the
Lan Express driver was still available. It worked.

Now I see that there are only Broadcom drivers on the Compaq website. I
sent an email to Compaq asking and they said that they are the correct
drivers, but I am sure that the Broadcom drivers didn't work.

Anybody know if the Broadcom drivers work or if I can install the drivers
off the XP Home cd I have? I want to make sure I have all the proper
drivers before I do the install.

Thanks

Philip Doragh

http://h20015.www2.hp.com/en/softwar..._lang=en&cc=us

The Lan express WLAN adapter is not supported by the Broadcom drivers. The
Lan express module uses a WLAN chipset developed by a company named
Intersil. The above link gives you access to the latest Lan express drivers
for XP (works on both Home and Professional).

Phil Doragh

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have a Compaq Presario 2550CA
>
> My wireless adapter that came built in with the computer is Lan Express.
>
> I have installed both XP Home and XP Professional on my computer a couple

of
> times since I got it. I have the Compaq Windows XP Home cd that came with
> my computer (not referring to the restore cd's) and I have a Microsoft
> Windows XP Professional cd.
>
> When I have installed XP Home, the wireless driver is included and works
> fine. When I install off the MS Prof. cd, the wireless driver is not
> included and I have to download it off the Compaq support website.
>
> Last time I installed XP Prof. I downloaded the broadcom wireless drivers
> and they didn't work. This was when Compaq was in transition to HP and

the
> Lan Express driver was still available. It worked.
>
> Now I see that there are only Broadcom drivers on the Compaq website. I
> sent an email to Compaq asking and they said that they are the correct
> drivers, but I am sure that the Broadcom drivers didn't work.
>
> Anybody know if the Broadcom drivers work or if I can install the drivers
> off the XP Home cd I have? I want to make sure I have all the proper
> drivers before I do the install.
>
> Thanks

Chris

Thank you very much for the link. I really appreciate it.

Chris