Compaq presario 6000 dialup drops out

SHb

Compaq Presario 6000
Windows XP
Using Dialup connection with factory modem

Connection drops out after 1 or 2 minutes, no warning or error messages..
Have to redial and reconnect every 2 minutes typical.
(even though connection drops I have to tell computer to disconnect before I
can reconnect)
Sometimes stays connected for 1/2 hour or more.

Another computer works on this phone line.
Modem test says OK.

ISP says connection ok (same on 4 numbers)
any thoughts?
thank you

paulmd@efn.org

On Mar 1, 5:57 pm, "SHb" <sherb@iNO_SPAMntergate.com> wrote:
> Compaq Presario 6000
> Windows XP
> Using Dialup connection with factory modem
>
> Connection drops out after 1 or 2 minutes, no warning or error messages..
> Have to redial and reconnect every 2 minutes typical.
> (even though connection drops I have to tell computer to disconnect before I
> can reconnect)
> Sometimes stays connected for 1/2 hour or more.
>
> Another computer works on this phone line.
> Modem test says OK.
>
> ISP says connection ok (same on 4 numbers)
> any thoughts?
> thank you

Only a couple of options:

1) Try downloading an updated modem driver from HP (they bought
compaq)

www.hp.com

2) Replace the modem.