Compaq Presario Laptop M2010 US Won't Start

paramindsoftware@gmail.com

I had used the screen saver function and then noticed it turning
the machine off when unattended for several hours. I took off
the screen saver (I was only using the screen saver for about 24
hours, it was a recent decision to use it).

I was able to turn it back on the first time after pressing in the
button
for about 20 seconds but now it's dead.

I've tried these instructions I found here once given by HP technitians
with no luck:

1. Disconnect AC power.
2. Disconnect laptop battery.
3. Press power button in the laptop for 20 seconds (or 1 minute).
4. Connect AC power (not battery).
5. Check whether the laptop powers up.

I had a previous Compaq that I had good luck with so decided for them
again. However, this machine has caused many problems since buying it.
The DVD won't even play movies anymore. I have had several blue
screens of death since using it (It's about 14 months old) and it
is slow with multi-tasking. I will bring it in for a memory upgrade so
now will probably do that sooner than later if I need to bring it in to
a shop.

Does anyone have any tips to get it to turn back on?

Robert Pearson
ParaMind Brainstorming Software http://www.paramind.net
Creative Virtue Press/Telical Books/Regenerative Music
http://www.rspearson.com

magmasunburst@gmail.com

I got it to tun on but after using the power adaptor for a while it
then
switched to battery and was unable to get the power adaptor to work.
I see that there is a cool fix for this at

http://www.fonerbooks.com/laptop_7.htm

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> I had used the screen saver function and then noticed it turning
> the machine off when unattended for several hours. I took off
> the screen saver (I was only using the screen saver for about 24
> hours, it was a recent decision to use it).
>
> I was able to turn it back on the first time after pressing in the
> button
> for about 20 seconds but now it's dead.
>
> I've tried these instructions I found here once given by HP technitians
> with no luck:
>
> 1. Disconnect AC power.
> 2. Disconnect laptop battery.
> 3. Press power button in the laptop for 20 seconds (or 1 minute).
> 4. Connect AC power (not battery).
> 5. Check whether the laptop powers up.
>
> I had a previous Compaq that I had good luck with so decided for them
> again. However, this machine has caused many problems since buying it.
> The DVD won't even play movies anymore. I have had several blue
> screens of death since using it (It's about 14 months old) and it
> is slow with multi-tasking. I will bring it in for a memory upgrade so
> now will probably do that sooner than later if I need to bring it in to
> a shop.
>
> Does anyone have any tips to get it to turn back on?
>

> --
> --
> Robert Pearson
> ParaMind Brainstorming Software http://www.paramind.net
> Creative Virtue Press/Telical Books/Regenerative Music
> http://www.rspearson.com

Compaq Presario C765TU Laptop Buy Compaq Presario C765TU Laptop Anushka Sharma Laptops 0 03-26-2009 10:17 AM
XPS M2010 Mangler Dell 2 12-07-2007 05:40 PM
Compaq Presario 1200 Laptop Wont Start Up!!! Please Help!! babykilo Compaq 0 10-24-2007 05:40 PM
XPS M2010 Tom Scales Dell 4 05-30-2007 01:58 AM
M2010 -- initial thoughts Tom Scales Dell 1 05-16-2007 05:16 PM