schliss

This is a posting to help people looking to buy a Laptop. I thought it
appropriate to summarize my experience with Conpusa.
1. I purchased a new Compaq laptop from them.
2. They had it shipped to me.
3. It would not connect wirelessly to the internet so I brought it to them
and the tech said it was defective.
4. I ask them to repair it and he said he did not carry the part.
5. Being that it was the second day I had it and the 11 day since the
purchased I asked for a refund and was told that they wanted $65.00 for
transport but would waive restocking fee because the unit was defective.
6. The companies stance has been that I should have done my research and
known that they have such charges inspite of a statement on the sales slip
saying that the product was returnable for 14 days.

see thread: a very expensive $299.00 laptop

this to help possible Compusa customers do their research.

Notan

schliss wrote:

> This is a posting to help people looking to buy a Laptop. I thought it
> appropriate to summarize my experience with Conpusa.
>
> <snip>
>
> see thread: a very expensive $299.00 laptop
>
> this to help possible Compusa customers do their research.

Maybe in a few more days, you can post a summary to your summary.

We read your original post. We understood it.

Now it's time to move on.

Notan

Michael Paris

Next time buy from Costco, cheaper and they take almost everything back, or
swap it for another, no questions asked.

NoNoBadDog!

"schliss" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:szBRg.2016$(E-Mail Removed) nk.net...
> This is a posting to help people looking to buy a Laptop. I thought it
> appropriate to summarize my experience with Conpusa.
> 1. I purchased a new Compaq laptop from them.
> 2. They had it shipped to me.
> 3. It would not connect wirelessly to the internet so I brought it to them
> and the tech said it was defective.
> 4. I ask them to repair it and he said he did not carry the part.
> 5. Being that it was the second day I had it and the 11 day since the
> purchased I asked for a refund and was told that they wanted $65.00 for
> transport but would waive restocking fee because the unit was defective.
> 6. The companies stance has been that I should have done my research and
> known that they have such charges inspite of a statement on the sales slip
> saying that the product was returnable for 14 days.
>
> see thread: a very expensive $299.00 laptop
>
> this to help possible Compusa customers do their research.

I urge you to let up on this issue...you are beginning to obsess.

Why start another thread?

We heard you the first time.

We know you are not happy with the way you feel you were treated.

Sometimes you just have to let things go...

Bobby

TeK

Funny that another compusa situation arose. you can add bestbuy and
circuit city in there as well, but compusa i believe takes the most
cake. these larger computer/electronic stores are not the place to
purchase "high ticket" items -especialy computers, witch sounds ironic
since these items comprise the majority of what they sell.

You would have a better consumer safety net by purchasing
computers/electronics at department stores such as wal-mart, costco,
k-mart ect, where there is/has been a long standing 100% customer
satisfaction "no questions asked" return/replacement gaurantee (well
maybe someone at one of these may ask "why" but you'll still be takin
care of)

Though im sure theres others that have had little to no problems
returning defective merchandise for exchange/refund at any one of these
retailers before, and i dont mean this to be an outright flame towards
any of them, but an equal number (myself included) have run into
nothing but headaches doing so, only to experience there policies being
altered "on the fly" before there/your very eyes when they (compusa)
detect a lemon of the line (as in product) and there (your) not the
only one that will be taking a pocket book hit- due to model wide
defect, wether this being a desktop/laptop or widescreen tv- Beware!

schliss

"NoNoBadDog!" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:WeKdnb0SBpySuIrYnZ2dnUVZ_qadnZ2d@hawaiiantel. net...

> "schliss" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:szBRg.2016$(E-Mail Removed) nk.net...
>> This is a posting to help people looking to buy a Laptop. I thought it
>> appropriate to summarize my experience with Conpusa.
>> 1. I purchased a new Compaq laptop from them.
>> 2. They had it shipped to me.
>> 3. It would not connect wirelessly to the internet so I brought it to
>> them and the tech said it was defective.
>> 4. I ask them to repair it and he said he did not carry the part.
>> 5. Being that it was the second day I had it and the 11 day since the
>> purchased I asked for a refund and was told that they wanted $65.00 for
>> transport but would waive restocking fee because the unit was defective.
>> 6. The companies stance has been that I should have done my research and
>> known that they have such charges inspite of a statement on the sales
>> slip saying that the product was returnable for 14 days.
>>
>> see thread: a very expensive $299.00 laptop
>>
>> this to help possible Compusa customers do their research.
>>

> I urge you to let up on this issue...you are beginning to obsess.

No I just don't like slimy dealers

> Why start another thread?

Because when I searched on Compusa before I purchased my computer and did
not find mention of their policy on return of defective computers, so I made
the search a little easier.

> We heard you the first time.

Great

> We know you are not happy with the way you feel you were treated.

You bet your ass on that!!!!!!!!

>Sometimes you just have to let things go...

Not likely I hope to at least publicize the company policy of not honoring
their warranties on defective computers.

> Bobby

Think of me as a guy who ain't going to let it go!!!!!

NoNoBadDog!

"schliss" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:h2KRg.1095$(E-Mail Removed) nk.net...

> "NoNoBadDog!" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:WeKdnb0SBpySuIrYnZ2dnUVZ_qadnZ2d@hawaiiantel. net...
>>
>> "schliss" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:szBRg.2016$(E-Mail Removed) nk.net...
>>> This is a posting to help people looking to buy a Laptop. I thought it
>>> appropriate to summarize my experience with Conpusa.
>>> 1. I purchased a new Compaq laptop from them.
>>> 2. They had it shipped to me.
>>> 3. It would not connect wirelessly to the internet so I brought it to
>>> them and the tech said it was defective.
>>> 4. I ask them to repair it and he said he did not carry the part.
>>> 5. Being that it was the second day I had it and the 11 day since the
>>> purchased I asked for a refund and was told that they wanted $65.00 for
>>> transport but would waive restocking fee because the unit was defective.
>>> 6. The companies stance has been that I should have done my research
>>> and known that they have such charges inspite of a statement on the
>>> sales slip saying that the product was returnable for 14 days.
>>>
>>> see thread: a very expensive $299.00 laptop
>>>
>>> this to help possible Compusa customers do their research.
>>>

>> I urge you to let up on this issue...you are beginning to obsess.

> No I just don't like slimy dealers
>

>> Why start another thread?

> Because when I searched on Compusa before I purchased my computer and did
> not find mention of their policy on return of defective computers, so I
> made the search a little easier.
>

>> We heard you the first time.

> Great
>>
>> We know you are not happy with the way you feel you were treated.

> You bet your ass on that!!!!!!!!
>
>>Sometimes you just have to let things go...

> Not likely I hope to at least publicize the company policy of not honoring
> their warranties on defective computers.
>

>> Bobby

> Think of me as a guy who ain't going to let it go!!!!!

I think of you as someone who can't admit that they didn't do enough
research before buying, and now expects the store to make up for your
mistake. I am not defending the store any more that I am defending you.
The store actually went above and beyond what it had to do. By rights,
your beef is with the manufacturer. The wireless worked when it was
delivered. The store delivered what was promised. When the wireless quit
working, you had two choices:

1. The obvious choice, and the most correct choice, was to contact the
manufacturer for repair. You bought the item with no CompUSA warranty, and
no guarantee that they would accept it at the store level, as it is not a
normal retail stock item.

2. You could have asked the store what your options are (and you would have
received the same answer). You could have then known that your options are
very limited, and then decided what to do.

I sympathize that you may be on a fixed budget. But you have to understand
that your circumstances are different than if you had bought the item at the
store. The store has the right to not give you a full refund. They cannot
sell the item, they have to pay to have it shipped, and if they did decide
to repair it, it would be out of warranty because the warranty is
non-transferable.

Your battle should be with the manufacturer.

I do give you credit. Not many would go to such great lengths over a
$299.99 dollar computer.

In the future, before making a purchase of something like this, do the right
thing and find out what your options for defective merchandise is *BEFORE*
you buy.

You really cannot expect the store to cover your losses. It is not fair to
the store.

Bobby

TeK

Well when you buy something from direct from the manufacturer (like
dell) your protected from start to finish, including shipping both ways
and sometimes a replacement item ahead of time before the defective
item is returned. what compusa/bestbuy doesnt tell you with there
returned defective items, along with tossing in any extending
protection/warranty plans you may or may not have purchased (or implied
that you didnt know about) is that there some what removing/relieving
some of the manufactures warranty responsibiltys/obligiations from you
(and them) and leaving you wide open to there mercy, witch includes all
these hidden fees/charges shipping restocking ect.. because there not
going to take the hit, and they make more money in the long run from it
all. extended 1-2 year protection plans (that you purchase in store)
work at there discretion, only if they deem it replacable within that
time period -if repairable, then your responsible for the repair fee
since it did not need replacing (once again there discretion) -oh it
gets even funner than this! peeps he did get screwed, if they could
turn that $299 computer into a $799 computer before its all over with,
they will surely try it. i forget how it all works but by adding
compusa/bestbuy into the mix between you and the manufacturer at time
of purchase (meaning you didnt purchase it direct) you allready screwed
yourself. and this gos with everything they sell. you have to deal with
them and the manufacturer will tell you this. thats where the warranty
is honored, why do you think you cant buy a dell from bestbuy or
compusa? (or anywhere else for that matter) well its one reason why
dell is the most popular computer manufacturer in the world.

BillW50

NoNoBadDog! wrote:
[...]
> You really cannot expect the store to cover your losses. It is not
> fair to the store.

[...]

What? If a store say is called BestBuy won't honor BestBuy sales
whether from their store or another BestBuy outlet, then what good
is the name? As they won't be any better than Joe Blows Electronic
store.

And I don't believe the store eats the loss anyway! How could they?
Corporate BestBuy should be responsible to reimburse the store for
any of their cost to deal with it.

--
Bill

BillW50

TeK wrote:
> Well when you buy something from direct from the manufacturer
> (like dell) your protected from start to finish, including
> shipping both ways and sometimes a replacement item ahead of
> time before the defective item is returned.

Virtually everyone does that. Even places like TigerDirect.

> what compusa/bestbuy doesnt tell you with there returned
> defective items, along with tossing in any extending
> protection/warranty plans you may or may not have purchased (or
> implied that you didnt know about) is that there some what
> removing/relieving some of the manufactures warranty
> responsibiltys/obligiations from you (and them) and leaving you
> wide open to there mercy, witch includes all these hidden
> fees/charges shipping restocking ect.. because there not going
> to take the hit, and they make more money in the long run from
> it all.

What a load of crap!

> extended 1-2 year protection plans (that you purchase in store)
> work at there discretion, only if they deem it replacable
> within that time period -if repairable, then your responsible
> for the repair fee since it did not need replacing (once again
> there discretion) -oh it gets even funner than this! peeps he
> did get screwed, if they could turn that $299 computer into a
> $799 computer before its all over with, they will surely try
> it. i forget how it all works but by adding compusa/bestbuy
> into the mix between you and the manufacturer at time of
> purchase (meaning you didnt purchase it direct) you allready
> screwed yourself. and this gos with everything they sell. you
> have to deal with them and the manufacturer will tell you this.
> thats where the warranty is honored,

This non-sense should be posted on the Internet far and wide so
these people don't get by screwing people.

> why do you think you cant buy a dell from bestbuy or compusa?
> (or anywhere else for that matter) well its one reason why dell
> is the most popular computer manufacturer in the world.

My mother has a Dell and they are not better or worse than most
other computers and they are generally overpriced. But so are
Apples.

--
Bill