Computation errors

Heywood Jablowme

I have an overclocked Abit IC7 motherboard running WinXP SP2. I am running
a scientific program (BOINC - boinc.berkeley.edu) and getting computation
errors almost continuously now. I returned the Intel 2800mhz processor back
to stock settings but still get the computation errors. Which part of the
system is failing?? Is it overheating?? I'm going to go give the system a
good cleaning... Thanks.

Phil Weldon

'Heywood Jablowme' wrote:
| I have an overclocked Abit IC7 motherboard running WinXP SP2. I am
running
| a scientific program (BOINC - boinc.berkeley.edu) and getting computation
| errors almost continuously now. I returned the Intel 2800mhz processor
back
| to stock settings but still get the computation errors. Which part of
the
| system is failing?? Is it overheating?? I'm going to go give the system
| good cleaning... Thanks.
_____

A good cleaning couln't hurt.

You have not supplied any information about your overclock (CPU, CPU speed,
bus settings, memory, CPU voltage, etc.) nor information about temperatures
(ambient, motherboard, CPU).

I have serveral suggestions.

Download and install a temperature monitoring program (MotherBoard Monitor
may work with the aBit IC7 motherboard.) This or a similar program will
display and log temperatures, voltages, and fan speeds.

Download and install Orthos. This program will put more stress on the CPU
than BOINC and will also report the CPU temperature. Best of all, Orthos
can be set to continuously run small Fast Fourier Transforms, and check the
results for accuracy - it will halt and report on error. This will allow
you to seperate the issue of error from BOINC.

When you gather some pertinent details, post again and perhaps we can
identify the problem (if any.)

Phil Weldon

"Heywood Jablowme" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
|I have an overclocked Abit IC7 motherboard running WinXP SP2. I am running
| a scientific program (BOINC - boinc.berkeley.edu) and getting computation
| errors almost continuously now. I returned the Intel 2800mhz processor
back
| to stock settings but still get the computation errors. Which part of
the
| system is failing?? Is it overheating?? I'm going to go give the system
| good cleaning... Thanks.

Heywood Jablowme

Thanks for the reply Phil. I should be more specific. It turns out that
when I put an air compressor into the case, I created a dust storm. It was
a heat problem. Everything is back to normal. Thx anyway.