Computer backup

Frank

Anyone used this?:

http://www.clickfree.com/index.php/p...ix_view/id/C6D

I have Carbonite til end of year but they raised price and now have
program that costs twice as much to do complete backup so I thought I
might switch to something like this.

Would be interested in other systems if better.

Frank

BillW50

"Frank" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:jkvj2k$s8a$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Anyone used this?:
>
> http://www.clickfree.com/index.php/p...ix_view/id/C6D
>
> I have Carbonite til end of year but they raised price and now have
> program that costs twice as much to do complete backup so I thought I
> might switch to something like this.
>
> Would be interested in other systems if better.

Hi Frank! No I haven't used it, but my Samsung Story external hard
drives came with a one click backup program. That program itself is huge
(1GB, no typo!). And frankly I don't like it at all.

I would buy a second drive and clone it with something like the free
XXClone. Make sure the cloned drive will fit into the same spot as your
main drive. That way you can pop in the clone at any time you need it.

Most of my laptops only have one drive (my Alienware laptops have two).
And I would just buy one of those cheap USB to whatever kind of
interface drive your main drive is. As this works for any kind of
computer. You may have other and better options depending on your
computer.

--
Bill
Gateway M465e ('06 era) - Windows Live Mail 2009

Frank

On 3/30/2012 11:56 AM, BillW50 wrote:
> Samsung Story external

Thanks, Bill.
I'm not looking for drive to replace if needed as I figure maybe new
computer in a year or two. The price range for a good backup looks to
be same price I would want from Carbonite per year.

Frank