Computer does not boot - Memory Refresh Failure or ???

Francoise Frigola

Computer does not boot (HP/Compaq D220 MT/ Windows XP SP2)
Disconnected everything except mouse, keyboard, and monitor
Computer cycles: HP logo, Windows XP logo, shuts down, HP logo, etc.
AMIBIOS v.1.09, released 11/14/2003
One beep: AMIBIOS says it is a Memory Refresh Failure
Motherboard: 335186-001
- Purchased a new RAM module from Crucial
Original was 256 MB, new is 512 MB, BIOS recognizes either and
both
- Cannot boot from diskette
- Tested with two different sets of keyboard/mouse/monitor
- I have reset the BIOS
- RTC is OK
- BIOS Utility does not offer any diagnostic
- I have cleaned up the memory slots with air and a brush

How can I further diagnose the problem?
Suggestions welcome...

THANKS!

Franou

ShadowTek

Francoise Frigola <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:ced75620-cfe6-
(E-Mail Removed):

> - Cannot boot from diskette

Are you saying that you tried to boot from dikette and it failed? Or that
you just don't have a floppy on that PC?

Francoise Frigola

> > - Cannot boot from diskette

> Are you saying that you tried to boot from dikette and it failed? Or that
> you just don't have a floppy on that PC?

It fails!

It find the diskette, but just reboots again.

Franou

Francoise Frigola

PS: I even made a new Bootup diskette in case the one I had was not
good.