Computer moving really slow

tornado

ive recently installed a new motherboard, cpu and a new video card int
my computer. after the install i had problems booting up my compute
and i get BSOD. i decided to reformat my hardrive and it fixed th
problem but now my computer is moving extremly slow and i dont kno
what the reason behind it is. oh yea after i reformated my computer
somehow didnt lose any files on my hard drive, would that be th
problem? or does it lie somewhere else. if more information is require
please post. much help apreciated. thank you.

Motherboard: Asus p5rd1-vm
CPU: intel pentium D 2.66
Video card: Ati Radeon x800XL
RAM: 1 512 DDR PC3200
_________________
'Company logo Logo Ontwerp' (http://www.logo-ontwerp.net/) 'Credi
cards for bad credit' (http://www.us-creditcards.com/

--
tornado

Brett Kline

tornado wrote:
> ive recently installed a new motherboard, cpu and a new video card
> into my computer. after the install i had problems booting up my
> computer and i get BSOD. i decided to reformat my hardrive and it
> fixed the problem but now my computer is moving extremly slow and i
> dont know what the reason behind it is. oh yea after i reformated my
> computer i somehow didnt lose any files on my hard drive, would that

Sounds like the repair install did not work.

Back your data up and do a *clean* install.

http://www.windowsreinstall.com/#vista_xp_2000

Joe_Z

"Brett Kline" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:fktvjd$vnn$(E-Mail Removed)...
> tornado wrote:
>> ive recently installed a new motherboard, cpu and a new video card
>> into my computer. after the install i had problems booting up my
>> computer and i get BSOD. i decided to reformat my hardrive and it
>> fixed the problem but now my computer is moving extremly slow and i
>> dont know what the reason behind it is. oh yea after i reformated my
>> computer i somehow didnt lose any files on my hard drive, would that

> Sounds like the repair install did not work.
>
> Back your data up and do a *clean* install.
>
> http://www.windowsreinstall.com/#vista_xp_2000

And check all the drivers you install are dated for your mainboards
config, video, nic card, etc...Joe

Geoff

"tornado" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> ive recently installed a new motherboard, cpu and a new video card into
> my computer. after the install i had problems booting up my computer
> and i get BSOD. i decided to reformat my hardrive and it fixed the
> problem but now my computer is moving extremly slow and i dont know
> what the reason behind it is. oh yea after i reformated my computer i
> somehow didnt lose any files on my hard drive, would that be the
> problem? or does it lie somewhere else. if more information is required
> please post. much help apreciated. thank you.

you didn't format it
back up your files
and select format during windows install (as in, not quick format)

Augustus

"Geoff" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:4773182e$0$21086$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "tornado" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> ive recently installed a new motherboard, cpu and a new video card into
>> my computer. after the install i had problems booting up my computer
>> and i get BSOD. i decided to reformat my hardrive and it fixed the
>> problem but now my computer is moving extremly slow and i dont know
>> what the reason behind it is. oh yea after i reformated my computer i
>> somehow didnt lose any files on my hard drive, would that be the
>> problem? or does it lie somewhere else. if more information is required
>> please post. much help apreciated. thank you.

> you didn't format it
> back up your files
> and select format during windows install (as in, not quick format)

It's immaterial if he selects quick format or full format, that's not why he
still has files on his HDD. The only difference between the two is whether
or not the HDD is scanned for bad sectors by chkdsk as it is formatted.
http://www.theeldergeek.com/format_v...ick_format.htm

Geoff

"Augustus" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> "Geoff" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:4773182e$0$21086$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>> "tornado" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>
>>> ive recently installed a new motherboard, cpu and a new video card into
>>> my computer. after the install i had problems booting up my computer
>>> and i get BSOD. i decided to reformat my hardrive and it fixed the
>>> problem but now my computer is moving extremly slow and i dont know
>>> what the reason behind it is. oh yea after i reformated my computer i
>>> somehow didnt lose any files on my hard drive, would that be the
>>> problem? or does it lie somewhere else. if more information is required
>>> please post. much help apreciated. thank you.

>> you didn't format it
>> back up your files
>> and select format during windows install (as in, not quick format)

> It's immaterial if he selects quick format or full format, that's not why
> he still has files on his HDD. The only difference between the two is
> whether or not the HDD is scanned for bad sectors by chkdsk as it is
> formatted.
> http://www.theeldergeek.com/format_v...ick_format.htm

my bad
posting at 3am = bleh

JetFuel

On Dec 26, 6:06 am, tornado <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> ive recently installed a new motherboard, cpu and a new video card into
> my computer. after the install i had problems booting up my computer
> and i get BSOD. i decided to reformat my hardrive and it fixed the
> problem but now my computer is moving extremly slow and i dont know
> what the reason behind it is. oh yea after i reformated my computer i
> somehow didnt lose any files on my hard drive, would that be the
> problem? or does it lie somewhere else. if more information is required
> please post. much help apreciated. thank you.
>
> Motherboard: Asus p5rd1-vm
> CPU: intel pentium D 2.66
> Video card: Ati Radeon x800XL
> RAM: 1 512 DDR PC3200
> 'Company logo - Logo Ontwerp' (http://www.logo-ontwerp.net/) 'Credit
> cards for bad credit' (http://www.us-creditcards.com/)
>
> --
> tornado

Check in your BIOS to see if your L1 or L2 cache is disabled... if it
is your computer will be bog slow.

Al