computer will not boot at all!!

putlog

Hi, I've changed the m/b and cpu on my machine. It posts fine but wil
not boot. I know that I have to reinstall xp but it wouldn't boot fro
cdrom so i've made a w98 floppy boot disk and all it reports back is

searching for boot record from floppy....not found
boot failure
insert boot diskette in A:

I've checked the floppy in my laptop and it boots that just fine.

Please help its driving me NUTS!!

Cheers
Ra

--
putlog

Sifiso

Hey guys I have the same problem...but my computer wont even
communicate or send a signal to the keyboard, the monitor and the
floppy diskette. The only thing it does when you start it up is scan
the cd rom and then just remains in idol mode...can you help me
guys....

Sifiso (South Africa)

Acey

(E-Mail Removed) (Sifiso) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed). com>...
> Hey guys I have the same problem...but my computer wont even
> communicate or send a signal to the keyboard, the monitor and the
> floppy diskette. The only thing it does when you start it up is scan
> the cd rom and then just remains in idol mode...can you help me
> guys....
>
> Sifiso (South Africa)

to both putlog and sifiso did you guys check that the M/B was powered
by the same power supply as your old one ie. old one could be 300 watt
new one could be 400 watt

Buzzer

(E-Mail Removed) (Sifiso) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed). com>...
> Hey guys I have the same problem...but my computer wont even
> communicate or send a signal to the keyboard, the monitor and the
> floppy diskette. The only thing it does when you start it up is scan
> the cd rom and then just remains in idol mode...can you help me
> guys....
>
> Sifiso (South Africa)

I would suggest the PC is unhappy about the video or the memory, they
are normally the show stoppers at boot up time, is your MB fussy about
which slot you put the memory sticks in, is it the right type of
memory ?
try taking out the video card and re seating it, if it has onboard
graphics
then check settings in BIOS
Does your monitor show " No Signal" ?