confused by where to put the fan connection

studmeister

i've installed the processor and fan, but where do i connect the fan
connection to, the CPU_FAN or PWR_FAN?

new to all this, so be gentle :-)

it's a A7V333 motherboard by the way.

thanks

CeeBee

"studmeister" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote

> i've installed the processor and fan, but where do i connect the fan
> connection to, the CPU_FAN or PWR_FAN?
>
> new to all this, so be gentle :-)
>
> it's a A7V333 motherboard by the way.
>
> thanks

Well, processor = CPU so you can guess you connect it to CPU_FAN.
Mainly because of monitoring options; the other connection will work as
well BTW.

On that you can put another fan, say to extra cool down your power supply,
or your HD if you want.

--
CeeBee

Google CeeBee @ www.geocities.com/ceebee_2

Philip

> Well, processor = CPU so you can guess you connect it to CPU_FAN.

Its not that simple if u dont know what CPU stands for:

Central Processing Underdog

:-)

(nah..."Unit" it was...

P2B

studmeister wrote:
> i've installed the processor and fan, but where do i connect the fan
> connection to, the CPU_FAN or PWR_FAN?

Both.

> new to all this, so be gentle :-)
>
> it's a A7V333 motherboard by the way.

Oh, OK. Never mind - use CPU_FAN for the first processor.

If you had a P2B-DS, the second processor fan should connect to PWR_FAN,
leaving CHA_FAN for the power supply fan. Logical and consistent
labelling, isn't it? :-)