Connecting LPT Printer to USB Port on SK41G

Magnusfarce

I built up a SK41G for my daughter (using Win2K) and want to use an old
Compaq BJ80 (compact) printer to it. This is an older printer that has an
LPT connection and no USB, while the Shuttle has only USB.

I bought an LPT-to-USB adaptor cable, loaded the printer driver and hooked
up the pronter, but can't get the printer to be recognized. From Control
Panel / Printers I see three available LPT ports, four COM ports, and a
single USB001 port. Checking the LPT or the USB port boxes doesn't get
things going either. Can anyone give me some advice about what else needs
to be done to make this printer work on this computer? thanks in advance
for any help.

- Magnusfarce

« AB60R | AK31 »

HP Laserjet III via USB/LPT dongle to Windows XP? Frantisek.Rysanek@post.cz PC Hardware 5 12-24-2008 11:09 AM
Printing: Parallel Port PC to USB Printer Port converter needed ptrwrb Hardware 1 03-07-2005 05:10 PM
problem with LPT Device (none printing) on virtual usb parallel port via port replicator Hannes Schachtner Hardware 0 08-23-2004 11:57 AM
LPT 1 Port Lillian Hardware 0 08-01-2004 06:25 PM
D330m Win XP Pro Intermittently Losing LPT Port Tony M Condon HP 0 07-22-2004 04:31 AM