Connecting a USB keyboard to a V120 failed

Martin Helmer

Hi all,

i'm trying to setup a sun fire v120, but the USB keyboard (no sun product)
does not work.
Do i need a sun keyboard?

Thanks for any hint.

Regards,
Martin

Kent Pryds Wormsdorf

On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 14:27:36 +0200, Martin Helmer wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> i'm trying to setup a sun fire v120, but the USB keyboard (no sun product)
> does not work.
> Do i need a sun keyboard?
>
> Thanks for any hint.
>
> Regards,
> Martin

Hi Martin

The Sun Fire V120 support a keyboard and mouse, but I think you need a Sun
branded keyboard and mouse.

See: http://www.sun.com/servers/entry/v120/faq.xml#q10

Greetings from Denmark

Kent Wormsdorf
--
PS.

Er der nogen der mangler en mand med lidt viden om Sun HW og SW,
så må I gerne sende mig en E-mail.
Jeg er uddannet datamatiker og har senest arbejdet som teknisk presale konsulent.

Fredrik Lundholm

In article <d48681$tbd$(E-Mail Removed)>, Martin Helmer <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>i'm trying to setup a sun fire v120, but the USB keyboard (no sun product)
>does not work.

Do you have a graphics card in your V120 and a mouse attached!?
If so you need to explicitly enable screen and keyboard
in the OBP before they become funtional.
This can be hard without a serial console attached.
If you have a serial console attached you dont need keyboard
or graphics.

>Do i need a sun keyboard?

No.

/wfr
Fredrik

--
Fredrik Lundholm
dol @ ce.chalmers.se

Martin Helmer

> Do you have a graphics card in your V120 and a mouse attached!?
> This can be hard without a serial console attached.
> If you have a serial console attached you dont need keyboard
> or graphics.

Yes, a graphics card is installed and doing fine. During the boot process a
menu for language selection is displayed.

> If so you need to explicitly enable screen and keyboard
> in the OBP before they become funtional.

A serial console is needed to setup or activate the keyboard? Ok, i'll try
to attach my notebook and run a terminal program.

Greetings
Martin