Contact back up question

John Young

I use a clone for a backup of my entire hard drive. I also keep all my
contacts in the cloud so obviously I don't have a back up of my
contacts. So is a simple "File/Export/Contacts Archive" the best
solution. If so should the vCard formate be 3.0?
Then when I update my clone the vCard file would be backed up. Clone is
on a removable HD using SuperDuper.
Thanks

John Young

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Jolly Roger <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> In article <(E-Mail Removed)-september.org>,
> John Young <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > I use a clone for a backup of my entire hard drive. I also keep all my
> > contacts in the cloud so obviously I don't have a back up of my
> > contacts. So is a simple "File/Export/Contacts Archive" the best
> > solution. If so should the vCard formate be 3.0?
> > Then when I update my clone the vCard file would be backed up. Clone is
> > on a removable HD using SuperDuper.
> > Thanks

> A copy of your contacts are stored on your computer in the
> ~/Library/Application Support/Address Book/ folder. Therefore, if you
> clone the entire drive, including your home folder, then the contents of
> your address book are included in the clone. So if you simply want a
> backup of your address book, you already have one in your clone.
>
> That said, if you ever find yourself needing to import your contacts
> into a fresh (empty) copy of Address Book on a new computer, and the
> version of the new, empty Address Book is significantly different than
> the version of the backup address book application support files in your
> clone, you can import the file created by File > Export > Contacts
> Archive into the new address book.

AS always thank you JR!

Lewis

In message <(E-Mail Removed)-september.org>
John Young <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I use a clone for a backup of my entire hard drive. I also keep all my
> contacts in the cloud so obviously I don't have a back up of my
> contacts. So is a simple "File/Export/Contacts Archive" the best
> solution. If so should the vCard formate be 3.0?

There is an archive option. This is the second best option.

The best option is to use Time Machine.

--
I WILL NOT PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE TO BART Bart chalkboard Ep. 7F09