How to convert floppy drive to something useful?

pardesiya

Hi Folks,

I have an old Toshiba laptop with an internal floppy drive. I don't
use the floppy drive a lot and have been wondering if there are any
devices/adapters available to make it read SD cards instead.

Much appreciate any advice.

Thanks,
Pardesiya

Arno Wagner

Previously pardesiya <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi Folks,

> I have an old Toshiba laptop with an internal floppy drive. I don't
> use the floppy drive a lot and have been wondering if there are any
> devices/adapters available to make it read SD cards instead.

> Much appreciate any advice.

Ask Toshiba. They are the only ones that can have something that
fits.

Arno

Joe Pfeiffer

pardesiya <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> Hi Folks,
>
> I have an old Toshiba laptop with an internal floppy drive. I don't
> use the floppy drive a lot and have been wondering if there are any
> devices/adapters available to make it read SD cards instead.

I once had a similar gadget for SmartMedia: you'd plug the card into
the gadget, the gadget had the dimensions of a floppy disk and plugged
into the floppy drive. It was slow, expensive, and unreliable.
You'll find a USB SD adapter better in every possible way.

Resign yourself to having a bit of history in your case. Or take it
out and have a spiffy paperweight.