Coolermaster Aero fan not reporting on A7N8X-Deluxe.

Vormulac

Hi all,

I have just installed a Coolermaster Aero blower as a cpu fan, and the
first thing my A7N8X-Deluxe on power up is complain about the cpu fan
failing (it's running just fine).

Sure enough, in BIOS cpu fan is reading as 0 rpm, but Asus Probe 2.20.07
says it running at 1844 rpm.

Has anyone else experienced this? It's not causing any trouble of course,
but it's just rather annoying to be told my cpu is going to melt everytime
I turn the machine on!

Cheers.

Ed

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 18:01:31 GMT, Vormulac <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I have just installed a Coolermaster Aero blower as a cpu fan, and the
>first thing my A7N8X-Deluxe on power up is complain about the cpu fan
>failing (it's running just fine).
>
>Sure enough, in BIOS cpu fan is reading as 0 rpm, but Asus Probe 2.20.07
>says it running at 1844 rpm.
>
>Has anyone else experienced this? It's not causing any trouble of course,
>but it's just rather annoying to be told my cpu is going to melt everytime
>I turn the machine on!
>
>Cheers.

Is Asus Q-Fan off in bios?

FWIW, I have that fan in a A7N8X v2(non-dlx), no probs here.
Ed

Ben Pope

Vormulac wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have just installed a Coolermaster Aero blower as a cpu fan, and the
> first thing my A7N8X-Deluxe on power up is complain about the cpu fan
> failing (it's running just fine).
>
> Sure enough, in BIOS cpu fan is reading as 0 rpm, but Asus Probe 2.20.07
> says it running at 1844 rpm.

1800RPM is the borderline where the BIOS monitoring can detect any motion at
all.

If you up the speed to 2000RPM you should see the reading.

If you turn off POST reporter you should also be fine.

Ben

Vormulac

> 1800RPM is the borderline where the BIOS monitoring can detect any
> motion at all.
>
> If you up the speed to 2000RPM you should see the reading.
>
> If you turn off POST reporter you should also be fine.
>
> Ben

Ah-ha! If I could turn it up I would, but sadly the blower supplied without
the heat sink is likewise supplied without the speed controller. Never
mind, I can live with it.

Thanks for your help chaps.

Teemu

I had same problem but after updating bios to 1006 ( I know there is newer
version, but if it is not broken....do not fix it ) it all went away. I use
1500 rpm fans for both cpu and case fan and both are detected by the bios
and no wrong alerts with post reporter activated.

I have the v2.0 board

Teemu

Rick & Darlene

I have the same fan, dont worry about it! its fine as long as its running!
Good fan too, dont put your fingers in it 'cause it hurts a lot!!!!!

Rick

"Teemu" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:kHgJc.406$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I had same problem but after updating bios to 1006 ( I know there is newer
> version, but if it is not broken....do not fix it ) it all went away. I

use
> 1500 rpm fans for both cpu and case fan and both are detected by the bios
> and no wrong alerts with post reporter activated.
>
> I have the v2.0 board
>
> Teemu

Vormulac

I'll certainly bear that in mind! Come to think of it, it does look rather
like satan's pencil sharpener...

My board is V2.0, perhaps I should look at undating from BIOS 1005.

Thank you all.

Ben Pope

Vormulac wrote:
> I'll certainly bear that in mind! Come to think of it, it does look rather
> like satan's pencil sharpener...
>
> My board is V2.0, perhaps I should look at undating from BIOS 1005.

In my experience, 1005 is the lowest I could possibly recommend, or the
latest if using onboard SATA controller.

Ben

Vormulac

> In my experience, 1005 is the lowest I could possibly recommend, or
> the latest if using onboard SATA controller.
>
> Ben

That's interesting that you should say that, I was planning on getting a WD
Raptor next month. Are there SATA problems with the later BIOS releases?

Ben Pope

Vormulac wrote:
>> In my experience, 1005 is the lowest I could possibly recommend, or
>> the latest if using onboard SATA controller.
>>
>> Ben

> That's interesting that you should say that, I was planning on getting a
> WD Raptor next month. Are there SATA problems with the later BIOS
> releases?

Lowest, not latest. I should have said "earliest".

If using the onboard SATA controller, I recommend the latest BIOS on the
A7N8X Deluxe, that should do it.

I'm using a Raptor and the Uber 1007 (no functional difference to normal
1007, just some more options enabled). No problems.

I'm using the .47 drivers. Don't recall if I tried a newer version or not.

Ben

Coolermaster Aero 4 & P4C800-E Dlx QZ Asus 0 06-28-2004 11:56 PM
Coolermaster Aero 4 Peter Cavan Dell 4 11-10-2003 06:15 PM
CoolerMaster Aero 7 CPU cooler question me@here.com AMD Overclocking 1 07-01-2003 01:43 PM
Re: 1700 Thoroughbred from Newegg, Coolermaster Aero 7+, What board? Shap AMD Overclocking 0 06-22-2003 07:06 PM
Re: 1700 Thoroughbred from Newegg, Coolermaster Aero 7+, What board? Shap Asus 0 06-22-2003 07:06 PM