cooling problem

olegb

Hi all . i have LG LE50 notebook and recently i have a problem with a
cooling system - i think a problem in cooling fan or fan driver on
motherboard . does someone can advise were i can by a new fan or
cooling system for my notebook ? , cause i think to replace a fan
first and after that a fan driver on mother board .
thanks a lot
Oleg .

~misfit~

Somewhere on teh intarwebs Phil Weldon wrote:
> 'olegb' wrote:
>> Hi all . i have LG LE50 notebook and recently i have a problem with a
>> cooling system - i think a problem in cooling fan or fan driver on
>> motherboard . does someone can advise were i can by a new fan or
>> cooling system for my notebook ? , cause i think to replace a fan
>> first and after that a fan driver on mother board .
>> thanks a lot

> _____
>
> Working on internal hardware in notebook computers is very difficult;
> even opening the case can be very difficult. Only EXACT replacement
> parts (other than items like memory sticks) will even fit, much less
> work. Just guessing from your post, you should not even THINK about
> opening up the case. Contact the manufacturer customer support first.
> If you do open up the case, you are likely to see a small heatsink
> over the CPU connected by a heat pipe to a small heatsink at one
> corner of the case. This second heatsink will have a fan. Most
> likely these cooling parts are different from those used by all other
> notebook manufacturers.

Perhaps something like this might help?

<http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.9184>
--