How to copy a Stroke into another Ink

Vinay Agarwal

Hello,

Probably this is very basic question but I have spent 2 days on it and I
can't figure it out. I even watched MS's Tablet PC SDK video for over an hour
and the presenter said that there were many very easy ways of doing it
without specifying any in enough detail.

I am building a peer-to-peer shared whiteboard (c#) with Ink capability. I
have all the communication plumbing working. I envision that after the stroke
is drawn, I will copy the stroke to the other peer and add it to its
InkCollector with a statement like this:

private void inkStrokeEvent(object sender, InkCollectorStrokeEventArgs e) {
inkPanel.Ink.Strokes.Add(e.Stroke);
}

But this doesn't seem to do anything. Am I copying stroke to the right
object? What's the correct method to add to Ink? I don't want to use
clipboard. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Vinay Agarwal

Michael Latta

This should be on the programmer group. There is a save method on Stroke
that converts it to a format you can use to send to other processes. There
is a matching method to restore it when it gets there.

Michael

"Vinay Agarwal" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello,
>
> Probably this is very basic question but I have spent 2 days on it and I
> can't figure it out. I even watched MS's Tablet PC SDK video for over an
> hour
> and the presenter said that there were many very easy ways of doing it
> without specifying any in enough detail.
>
> I am building a peer-to-peer shared whiteboard (c#) with Ink capability. I
> have all the communication plumbing working. I envision that after the
> stroke
> is drawn, I will copy the stroke to the other peer and add it to its
> InkCollector with a statement like this:
>
> private void inkStrokeEvent(object sender, InkCollectorStrokeEventArgs e)
> {
> inkPanel.Ink.Strokes.Add(e.Stroke);
> }
>
> But this doesn't seem to do anything. Am I copying stroke to the right
> object? What's the correct method to add to Ink? I don't want to use
> clipboard. Thanks in advance.
>
> Regards,
> Vinay Agarwal

Vinay Agarwal

Thanks for your response.

I am able to move the stroke to another computer (through remoting), but I
don't know how to add after it is moved to the InkCollector over there. As
far as I understand, save and restore are needed for serialization and
deserialization. I have solved that problem but not the second one.

I am moving this discussion to the developer group.

6800GT had a stroke? Carl Nvidia 0 02-27-2007 04:40 PM
Re. [OT] -- Voice for Stroke Victims no-top@post Embedded 0 02-06-2007 04:58 AM
[OT] -- Voice for Stroke Victims Tim Wescott Embedded 29 02-01-2007 12:38 AM
Pen Stroke Delay Jeremy Tablet PC 2 11-08-2003 02:24 PM
erasing the entire thickness of the stroke Nitin Jain Tablet PC 1 10-28-2003 03:32 PM