Is this correct driver for IS7 ??

Jeff

Hey

This is a link to the download of drivers for IS7 at Abit homepage. I've the
Intel Chipset Driver from this page. The readme file which came with this
driver says this:
Target Chipset#: Q33/G33/G31/P35

http://www2.abit.com.tw/page/no/moth...RODINFO=Driver

I thought IS7 had the chipset 865PE

Is the Intel Chipset Driver on that page correct for IS7 or ??

I'm a bit confused

Jeff

Jeff wrote:
> Hey
>
> This is a link to the download of drivers for IS7 at Abit homepage. I've the
> Intel Chipset Driver from this page. The readme file which came with this
> driver says this:
> Target Chipset#: Q33/G33/G31/P35
>
> http://www2.abit.com.tw/page/no/moth...RODINFO=Driver
>
> I thought IS7 had the chipset 865PE
>
> Is the Intel Chipset Driver on that page correct for IS7 or ??
>
> I'm a bit confused
>
> Jeff

Not sure if that is the right one or not, but Intel has a chipset ID
utility available on their website.

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/conf...Name=&lang=eng

or short link:

http://preview.tinyurl.com/29haem

Also, they have a newer version of that driver. Most motherboard
companies don't have the latest drivers on their site.

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Prod...=1049&lang=eng

Chris

frodo@theshire.net

There are two drivers from Intel that you should have for your IS7.

The first is the "chipset driver". This gets updated all the time by
intel, as it contains drivers for every chipset they have made. If you've
applied it once then you're ok and don't necessarily need to run it again
when intel releases a new version. here's the link:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/filt...4&submit=Go%21

The second is the RAID driver, which you still need for the SATA ports
even if you don't set them up to do RAID. Look on this page:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/filt...4&submit=Go%21

The 3.5.3 version is right for your IS7; the newer one doesn't really
work better, it's just bigger and handles the newer north bridges too.
3.5.3 works fine w/ ICH5R, and in fact matches the Intel ROM code present
on your MoBo. [note: you should be running your ICH5R in "Enhanced Mode";
check your bios settings. This is the "best" mode to drive that chip in,
it gives you the fastest throughput on the SATA channels, using their
built-in channel rather than the PCI bus channel.]

Also, look in the companion README.TXT file for how to create the the "F6
Setup Floppy" disk - there is no util for this version, the (simple)
directions are in the readme.