rusty7010

I am having problems with my Kodak 5300 All In One printer scanning something
and then putting it in a file on my computer. I am also having issues with
other programs. The following is what it says in the Product Center on my
computer:

"Product: center -- Error 1706.No valid source could be found for product
center. The Windows Installer cannot continue"

A pop up shows on my screen stating that Windows is configuring.....shows
download progress, stops a 3 seconds, and I get a message: "The feature you
are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable. Click OK to
try again or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation
package 'center.msi' in the box below". So I contacted Kodak about this and
they told me this was an issue with Microsoft Windows. Can anyone help me,
please.

Beverly Howard [Ms-MVP/MobileDev]

Think this problem is going to be best addressed by kodak tech support
or a kodak support forum.

Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]

rusty7010

Hi Beverly,
Yes, that is what I thought. I contacted Kodak yesterday. They told me this
was a Windows problem. I think it must be as whenever I try to scan a Windows
communication box pops up.

"Beverly Howard [Ms-MVP/MobileDev]" wrote:

> Think this problem is going to be best addressed by kodak tech support
> or a kodak support forum.

Beverly Howard [Ms-MVP/MobileDev]

>> They told me this was a Windows problem. <<

The bottom line is that their application and therefore their scanner,
which you paid them for, does not work.

For them to simply respond, "Windows Problem" is unacceptable...
escalate the call until you get someone who can, at the very least,
define the problem exactly so that you have enough information to
correct the problem.

Willing to bet that somewhere on the box that it came in was a sticker
which stated "Windows xx Compatible" ...ask them about that claim ;-)

Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]

rusty7010

Hi,
I have to agree with you, but also if it wasn't a windows problem, then why
would the pop up error message be contained in a windows app? I don't know,
it is just frustrating. And just thinking about talking to tech help at Kodak
makes me kind of sick to my stomach!!! :0) I have the hardest time trying to
understand what they are saying. Do those people over there in India or
wherever they are really know what they are talking about??

"rusty7010" wrote:

> Hi Beverly,
> Yes, that is what I thought. I contacted Kodak yesterday. They told me this
> was a Windows problem. I think it must be as whenever I try to scan a Windows
> communication box pops up.
>
> "Beverly Howard [Ms-MVP/MobileDev]" wrote:
>
> > Think this problem is going to be best addressed by kodak tech support
> > or a kodak support forum.
> >
> > Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]

Beverly Howard [Ms-MVP/MobileDev]

>> And just thinking about talking to tech help at Kodak makes me kind
of sick to my stomach!!! <<

State that with details at the beginning of the call and stand fast that
the call be escalated.

Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]

rusty7010

After going through all the help sites and looking things up on Google, the
'center.msi' is definitely a Windows problem. There are other programs, such
as RegCure that I can't access. I think I need to download a service pack I
don't currently have that has some sort of patch?? I just know that MSI (msi,
eg 'center.msi) is a Windows based application that needs to be fixed. I
found info that running my RegCure would possibly solve this problem but I
can even access that. Now on June 7th my son-in-law came over to fix my
computer. I had a corrupted hard drive. He is a computer engineer and
researched this. He backed up some things from my hard drive to an external
hard drive. Anyway, he reinstalled my Windows XP Home Edition. Do you think
something went wrong during this process or perhaps things were not installed
that need to be? My computer went back to all the default programs and
settings. I did notice that there were a few programs I couldn't find that I
had specifically put on my start menu and accessories. So how can I find
which service packs are installed now and which ones I need to install to get
this taken care of? Thanks
PS Sorry this was so long

"Beverly Howard [Ms-MVP/MobileDev]" wrote:

> >> And just thinking about talking to tech help at Kodak makes me kind

> of sick to my stomach!!! <<
>
> State that with details at the beginning of the call and stand fast that
> the call be escalated.

Rainald Taesler

rusty7010 wrote:

> Anyway, he reinstalled my Windows XP Home
> Edition.

*HOME* edition???
That's no good at all for a TabletPC!!

Rainald
P.S. Just a shot in the fog: As you did not yet let us know which kind
of *computer* you have, could it be that you are not having a
*TabletPC*?

$Path. Where can i find where my path is being set. Jeremy Kitchen Apple 12 07-09-2007 09:50 AM
Dell C610 - upgrade path Phil Schuman Dell 7 10-31-2005 11:54 PM
Upgrade path? Robert S Asus 6 04-08-2004 11:07 AM
Print Head Path Error John Gruber HP 0 07-17-2003 03:19 AM
OSX: translate path with slashes to path with colons and volume name void Apple 1 06-24-2003 05:39 PM