Corrupted boot/bios screen(A7N8X)

Nero

Sometimes my boot screen and also the bios screen gets messed up and bits of
words,missing words and other junk show.
If I reboot at least 3 times it goes away.
Is this psu, ram, graphics card, or other problem?
A7N8X Deluxe
1 gig PC2700
XP2800

Einar Lund

"Nero" <(E-Mail Removed)> skrev i melding
news:0uGCb.172$(E-Mail Removed)9.net...
> Sometimes my boot screen and also the bios screen gets messed up and bits

of
> words,missing words and other junk show.
> If I reboot at least 3 times it goes away.
> Is this psu, ram, graphics card, or other problem?
> A7N8X Deluxe
> 1 gig PC2700
> XP2800

Are you using a Radeon 9700 pro adapter or something like this ?

Mr Lurel

Nero

No, a GeForce 4 MX440

Jim

If thats the only problem you have I would try a different video card.
Testing the memory is easy though with Memtest86 and checking the PSU with
motherboard monitor. If you dont have another video card you might try
underclocking the one you have with the utility for the card. I have one
of those cards and although it runs ok at stock speeds it gives that type of
error with even a small overclock. Different vendor cards may overclock
more.

"Nero" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:1TGCb.186$(E-Mail Removed)9.net...
> No, a GeForce 4 MX440

Big Problem with Kd7-E and CDROM's Corrupted in Bios grunge09 Abit 2 08-03-2003 12:20 AM
Anyone else get corrupted files from US Asus site? Randy O. Asus 3 08-01-2003 11:21 PM
Corrupted files on Asus site Paul Asus 4 07-10-2003 09:59 PM
Re: XP SP1 install and now corrupted pages John Lewis Abit 0 07-09-2003 05:44 PM
Re: XP SP1 install and now corrupted pages TJ Abit 0 07-08-2003 06:44 PM