CPU and Case temps?

Brian

My AMD athlon runs at 104 F and case is at 85F.
CPU is Athlon2000XP not overclocked. Is this a normal
temp.???
Thanks
Brian

dvnj@msn.com

You are fine, don't worry.

SleeperMan

Brian wrote:
> My AMD athlon runs at 104 F and case is at 85F.
> CPU is Athlon2000XP not overclocked. Is this a normal
> temp.???
> Thanks
> Brian

Don't have a clue about F temps, but in Celsius, my XP2400, overclocked to
2600 works at 32 deg when idle and up to 50 deg when working...while case is
from 29 to 37 degrees.

stanmc

SleeperMan wrote:
> Brian wrote:
>
>>My AMD athlon runs at 104 F and case is at 85F.
>>CPU is Athlon2000XP not overclocked. Is this a normal
>>temp.???
>>Thanks
>>Brian

> Don't have a clue about F temps, but in Celsius, my XP2400, overclocked to
> 2600 works at 32 deg when idle and up to 50 deg when working...while case is
> from 29 to 37 degrees.

104F is 40C. The normal ranges for AMD processors is on their web site,
but normally they can work up to 65 or 70 without killing the processor.
In other words at 70 or 75 some of them are fried. Others can work into
the 80s and I think some can be in the 90s. You wouldn't want to let it
get that hot. Keep it under 55/59 and you will be fine. Your case temp
of 85F is 29.5C. It is just fine also.

I run the Folding@Home project (very FPU intensive) on my Barton 2500+
and it runs 58C all the time. The case is well ventilated and it runs
27-29.

the6carrules@hotmail.com

A bit warm. My 2200 plus went bye bye when it got up that high.

I usually run about 88-91F on my cpu and 79-81 on my chasis. (not
overclocked and a reasonable load - running SETI all the time, which
puts a bit of a load on the system).

My old 2200 (a-core) used to run at those same temps, then started
creaping up on me. It got over 100 and I got concerned, I blew all the
dust around in the case and sucked it up, cleaned the fans, removed the
cpu's heatsink, repasted and cleaned the fins on it and the fan, etc...
Then the temps continued to go up and the cpu just died.

Got a replacement from AMD on warranty - again a 2200 (b-core) and it
jumped right back down with those temps.

I have 2 80mm fans on the front of the case sucking air into the case.
I have an 80 mm fan on the side with a acrylic duct blowing air onto
the cpu. I have the larger/newer amd 60mm fan on the heat sink. I
have 2 80mm fans sucking air out. I have a PCI slot cyclone sucking
air off my video card and out of the case.

Hope this helps.