Motherboard Forums


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes

CPU Clock Speed & Processor Speed Question

 
 
John Latter
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-23-2005, 06:31 AM
Hi,

I have a AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2000+ whose clock speed is 1.665Ghz. A
program called "Sandra" says that my motherboard will support a faster
CPU.

My mob is a MS-6382 & the manual says "support 600Mhz up to 1.5GHz
Processor"

Doesn't the existing 1.665Ghz clock speed already exceed the mobo
spec?

--

John Latter

Model of an Internal Evolutionary Mechanism (based on an extension to homeostasis) linking Stationary-Phase Mutations to the Baldwin Effect.
http://members.aol.com/jorolat/TEM.html

'Where Darwin meets Lamarck?' Discussion Egroup
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/evomech
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Wes Newell
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-23-2005, 07:50 AM
On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 07:31:03 +0100, John Latter wrote:

> I have a AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2000+ whose clock speed is 1.665Ghz. A
> program called "Sandra" says that my motherboard will support a faster
> CPU.
>
> My mob is a MS-6382 & the manual says "support 600Mhz up to 1.5GHz
> Processor"
>

Even the first socket A boards would support CPU's over 2400MHz. See link
below.

--
KT133 MB, CPU @2400MHz (24x100): SIS755 MB CPU @2330MHz (10x233)
Need good help? Provide all system info with question.
My server http://wesnewell.no-ip.com/cpu.php
Verizon server http://mysite.verizon.net/res0exft/cpu.htm

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
uclown
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-31-2005, 03:01 PM
I used to have this board and I successfully installed an Athlon XP
2400+. The bios did not recognise it properly as "unknown cpu 2000
Mhz" was displayed at POST. I was unable to update the BIOS as it is
an OEM board but it worked fine.


Wes Newell wrote:
> On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 07:31:03 +0100, John Latter wrote:
>
> > I have a AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2000+ whose clock speed is 1.665Ghz. A
> > program called "Sandra" says that my motherboard will support a faster
> > CPU.
> >
> > My mob is a MS-6382 & the manual says "support 600Mhz up to 1.5GHz
> > Processor"
> >

> Even the first socket A boards would support CPU's over 2400MHz. See link
> below.
>
> --
> KT133 MB, CPU @2400MHz (24x100): SIS755 MB CPU @2330MHz (10x233)
> Need good help? Provide all system info with question.
> My server http://wesnewell.no-ip.com/cpu.php
> Verizon server http://mysite.verizon.net/res0exft/cpu.htm


 
Reply With Quote
 
John Latter
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-31-2005, 04:41 PM
On 31 Jul 2005 08:01:19 -0700, "uclown" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>I used to have this board and I successfully installed an Athlon XP
>2400+. The bios did not recognise it properly as "unknown cpu 2000
>Mhz" was displayed at POST. I was unable to update the BIOS as it is
>an OEM board but it worked fine.
>
>
>Wes Newell wrote:
>> On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 07:31:03 +0100, John Latter wrote:
>>
>> > I have a AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2000+ whose clock speed is 1.665Ghz. A
>> > program called "Sandra" says that my motherboard will support a faster
>> > CPU.
>> >
>> > My mob is a MS-6382 & the manual says "support 600Mhz up to 1.5GHz
>> > Processor"
>> >

>> Even the first socket A boards would support CPU's over 2400MHz. See link
>> below.
>>
>> --
>> KT133 MB, CPU @2400MHz (24x100): SIS755 MB CPU @2330MHz (10x233)
>> Need good help? Provide all system info with question.
>> My server http://wesnewell.no-ip.com/cpu.php
>> Verizon server http://mysite.verizon.net/res0exft/cpu.htm


Thanks Wes!

--

John Latter

Model of an Internal Evolutionary Mechanism (based on an extension to homeostasis) linking Stationary-Phase Mutations to the Baldwin Effect.
http://members.aol.com/jorolat/TEM.html

'Where Darwin meets Lamarck?' Discussion Egroup
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/evomech
 
Reply With Quote
 
John Latter
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-31-2005, 04:42 PM
On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 17:41:53 +0100, John Latter
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On 31 Jul 2005 08:01:19 -0700, "uclown" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>wrote:
>
>>I used to have this board and I successfully installed an Athlon XP
>>2400+. The bios did not recognise it properly as "unknown cpu 2000
>>Mhz" was displayed at POST. I was unable to update the BIOS as it is
>>an OEM board but it worked fine.
>>
>>
>>Wes Newell wrote:
>>> On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 07:31:03 +0100, John Latter wrote:
>>>
>>> > I have a AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2000+ whose clock speed is 1.665Ghz. A
>>> > program called "Sandra" says that my motherboard will support a faster
>>> > CPU.
>>> >
>>> > My mob is a MS-6382 & the manual says "support 600Mhz up to 1.5GHz
>>> > Processor"
>>> >
>>> Even the first socket A boards would support CPU's over 2400MHz. See link
>>> below.
>>>
>>> --
>>> KT133 MB, CPU @2400MHz (24x100): SIS755 MB CPU @2330MHz (10x233)
>>> Need good help? Provide all system info with question.
>>> My server http://wesnewell.no-ip.com/cpu.php
>>> Verizon server http://mysite.verizon.net/res0exft/cpu.htm

>
>Thanks Wes!


Oops - I meant uclown!

--

John Latter

Model of an Internal Evolutionary Mechanism (based on an extension to homeostasis) linking Stationary-Phase Mutations to the Baldwin Effect.
http://members.aol.com/jorolat/TEM.html

'Where Darwin meets Lamarck?' Discussion Egroup
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/evomech
 
Reply With Quote
 
dawg
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      10-17-2005, 08:58 PM
Sandra can be wrong occasionally.

"John Latter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I have a AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2000+ whose clock speed is 1.665Ghz. A
> program called "Sandra" says that my motherboard will support a faster
> CPU.
>
> My mob is a MS-6382 & the manual says "support 600Mhz up to 1.5GHz
> Processor"
>
> Doesn't the existing 1.665Ghz clock speed already exceed the mobo
> spec?
>
> --
>
> John Latter
>
> Model of an Internal Evolutionary Mechanism (based on an extension to

homeostasis) linking Stationary-Phase Mutations to the Baldwin Effect.
> http://members.aol.com/jorolat/TEM.html
>
> 'Where Darwin meets Lamarck?' Discussion Egroup
> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/evomech



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
s2510 max processor clock speed? NetKev Tyan 2 10-04-2006 11:26 PM
Processor Clock speed change abd RS232 sjones@scannex.co.uk Embedded 7 05-05-2006 08:26 PM
CPU Clock Speed & Processor Speed Question John Latter Motherboards 5 10-17-2005 08:58 PM
Core clock/memory clock vs engine/memory clock ftran999 ATI 2 08-06-2004 12:29 AM
X800XT PE, is RAMDAC clock speed the same as core clock speed? urh ATI 3 07-28-2004 02:09 AM


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:51 AM.


Welcome!
Welcome to Motherboard Point
 

Advertisment