CPU Heatskin/Northbridge Heatsink on NF7-S v2.0

anthonyi

Does anybody have a Thermalright SLK-900U CPU cooler and a Zalman ZM-NB32J
nbridge cooler fitted to a rev 2.0 NF7-S? Is there any modification required
to have these two coolers in place or are there sufficient clearances such
that one doesn't impact the other?

TIA...

AI

JK

On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 12:01:09 +0000 (UTC), "anthonyi"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Does anybody have a Thermalright SLK-900U CPU cooler and a Zalman ZM-NB32J
>nbridge cooler fitted to a rev 2.0 NF7-S? Is there any modification required
>to have these two coolers in place or are there sufficient clearances such
>that one doesn't impact the other?

The NB47-J is a newer version of the chipset cooler. It comes with
some advanced small parts, so that mounting should be no problem. I
have heard that it works fine on NF7.

I use the socketA version of zalman 7000cu on my abit nf7. It was
necessary though for me to cut a part of the rail screwed on the 2
bridges, because the rail would else hit some capacitors. The 2
bridges or standpoints are mounted in the 4 holes around the socket.

I use this cooler with a barton 2500+, at 11x190, at standard voltage.
I have also the NB47 on stock, but have not mounted it yet. It _is_
necessary to take the motherboard out of the cabinet to dismount the
actice fan, and mount the passive, and also the cpu fan mounting took
some time !

best regards

John