rstlne

> yeah, see thats the deal. i like the idea of the diode temp maxing out at
> under 50C. for some reason that 5 scares the hell out of me. (it might be
> because i am a poverty stricken student). I was looking for a big ass
> cooling solution that would be quiet and even when seti@home had run for
> days on end, it would hardly crack 50C.
>
> i see thermalright do some nice copper stuff, and coolermaster.....its all
> too damned confusing. i guess its back to the internet and more googling!

My first "Quiet" solution ran verry hot..
In fact the cpu was in the 80's and I didnt realise it till I got MBM5 and
trashed ASUSProbe.

I think if your under 60 then your good, if your under 50 then that's pretty
good but I would bet It's not quiet..
If your 60 - 70 then it's still not going to kill the processor (shorten
lifespan no doubt)..
If your 70 - 80 then I guess it might be okay (I never got errors)
If your above 80 then It's def really really bad heh
If your above 90 then you must be using a prescott

Wes Newell

On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 10:48:18 +0000, David Bushnell wrote:

> it just occured to me that i didn't mention my system, xp2500@2.2ghz, 512mb
> pc3200, on an a7n8x-dlx 2.0. At the moment i am running with the stock HSF
> for the xp2500.
>
> if you've got any specific suggestions that would be tops also.

Want good, quiet, and cheap? TR2-M1, about $10. Want expensive, maybe not
so quiet, but maybe the best, Thermalright with a highspeed fan, Maybe
$50. In the end, either will work much better than the stock cooler.
There's probably more than 100 coolers for the K7 line, and tons of
comparisons online. These 2 I consider the best (or close to it) at both
ends of the price ranges.

A warning and advice to Zalman CPU-7700 and 9500 HSF users. bradstrum@lucent.com Asus 1 02-27-2006 09:12 PM
Quietest, coolest CPU HSF for K7N2 Delta-L Jethro[AGHL] MSI 1 08-11-2004 03:03 PM
Re: Quietest HSF for Abit kt7a? Dennis Langton Abit 2 07-29-2003 09:09 PM
Athlon HSF anthonyi Abit 9 07-23-2003 02:27 AM
CPU HSF Direction Tom Rogers Soyo 3 07-18-2003 07:40 PM