CPU Temperature higher with Hyperthreading Disabled !

Paul Rubin

Hi all, I have previously posted inquiries about why the CPU
temperature is about 10 degrees hotter when you turn HyperThreading
OFF in the Bios on a WinXP system. I have finally found the solution:

Go into device manager and expand the "Computer" entry. This probably
says, "ACPI Multiprocessor PC" you have to update driver and tell it
you want
to select the driver. Use the option to select the driver Manually and
choose "Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI) PC", and
this will fix
your high temp issue. I had to do two reboots, and now my CPU
temperature is back to normal with HT turned OFF.

I'm guessing that you'd have to revert the Computer ACPI setting back
to Multiprocessor PC if you ever turn HT back ON.

The reason I had to turn HT OFF is that my Leadtek WinFast Deluxe card
is incompatible with HT with the current set of drivers.

Sincerely,
Paul Rubin
(E-Mail Removed)