Crucial ecc memory for an ASUS M4N78 PRO motherboard

Daniel Prince

I am planning to buy an ASUS M4N78 PRO motherboard. Is Crucial ecc
memory (CT2KIT25672AA800) the best, reasonable priced, memory for
this motherboard? If not, what memory is better? Thank you in
advance for all replies.
--
Whenever I hear or think of the song "Great green gobs of greasy
grimey gopher guts" I imagine my cat saying; "That sounds REALLY,

Paul

Daniel Prince wrote:
> I am planning to buy an ASUS M4N78 PRO motherboard. Is Crucial ecc
> memory (CT2KIT25672AA800) the best, reasonable priced, memory for
> this motherboard? If not, what memory is better? Thank you in
> advance for all replies.
> --
> Whenever I hear or think of the song "Great green gobs of greasy
> grimey gopher guts" I imagine my cat saying; "That sounds REALLY,
> REALLY good. I'll have some of that!"

I took a quick look, and all I can see around seems to be CAS6 memory,
so the stuff you've located seems to be "average". It would appear
there might have previously been CAS5 DDR2-800 memory, but it is
gone now (I checked micron.com and their CAS5 module is marked "EOL").

Paul

Win7

Also use the "Memory Search" at bottom-left of the page www.kingston.com

This reveals "8GB 800MHz DDR2 ECC CL6 DIMM (Kit of 2)" with part number
KVR800D2E6K2/8G as one option, though you may not need 8GB.

Kingston guarantee that memory chosen using their selector will work with
the selected hardware.

"Daniel Prince" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am planning to buy an ASUS M4N78 PRO motherboard. Is Crucial ecc
> memory (CT2KIT25672AA800) the best, reasonable priced, memory for
> this motherboard? If not, what memory is better? Thank you in
> advance for all replies.
> --
> Whenever I hear or think of the song "Great green gobs of greasy
> grimey gopher guts" I imagine my cat saying; "That sounds REALLY,
> REALLY good. I'll have some of that!"

Can you use ecc ram on a non-ecc motherboard, such as ga-m68m-s2p Stephen Gigabyte 9 03-06-2012 10:11 AM
BIOS checksum error with ASUS M4N78 PRO motherboard Daniel Prince Asus 13 04-30-2010 06:13 PM
SATA ports on the ASUS M4N78 PRO motherboard? Daniel Prince Asus 1 04-05-2010 06:54 PM
ECC Vs Non-ECC Memory Will IBM 1 04-07-2006 07:02 PM
ECC vs. Non-ECC Memory -- Can they be mixed (in separate slots)? Steven O. PC Hardware 6 01-12-2005 02:42 AM