CT-9CJS Handigator

Lord Dragosani

I just got a new Chaintech CT-JCJS. All seems to be working fine except for
the "Handigator" remote. I've got the CBox and drivers installed properly,
but nothing happens when I push the buttons on the remote. I've also tried
putting fresh new batteries in it.

Any Ideas out there??

jOhN

Lord Dragosani wrote:

> I just got a new Chaintech CT-JCJS. All seems to be working fine except for
> the "Handigator" remote. I've got the CBox and drivers installed properly,
> but nothing happens when I push the buttons on the remote. I've also tried
> putting fresh new batteries in it.
>
> Any Ideas out there??

WOL (Wake on LAN) needs to be enabled in the bios. Most everyone gets
tripped up by this :-)

Lazarus

you MUST connect the W.O.L lead from the c box to the mb and then switch it
on in the bios.

Then your remote will work ok!

"Lord Dragosani" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news8yYb.9220$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I just got a new Chaintech CT-JCJS. All seems to be working fine except

for
> the "Handigator" remote. I've got the CBox and drivers installed

properly,
> but nothing happens when I push the buttons on the remote. I've also

tried
> putting fresh new batteries in it.
>
> Any Ideas out there??

Lord Dragosani

Thanks for the tip! Unfortunately, it still isn't working.

I notice that there is a red LED near the top of the remote. Shouldn't it
flash or turn on or something when I push the buttons?? Mine doesn't do
anything. Again, I've tried replacing the batteries, but it seems like the
thing is dead.

Maybe I just have a bad remote.

"Lazarus" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c0ufvn$p24$(E-Mail Removed)...
> you MUST connect the W.O.L lead from the c box to the mb and then switch

it
> on in the bios.
>
> Then your remote will work ok!
>
> "Lord Dragosani" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news8yYb.9220$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I just got a new Chaintech CT-JCJS. All seems to be working fine except

> for
> > the "Handigator" remote. I've got the CBox and drivers installed

> properly,
> > but nothing happens when I push the buttons on the remote. I've also

> tried
> > putting fresh new batteries in it.
> >
> > Any Ideas out there??

Lazarus

Funny....I just returned mine and got a new one....the original one died
when I was using it.........

You are not using an infra red keyboard by any chance? that can mess with
it!

Do you have USB COMPOSITE listed in device manager?

"Lord Dragosani" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:P1CYb.24829$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks for the tip! Unfortunately, it still isn't working.
>
> I notice that there is a red LED near the top of the remote. Shouldn't it
> flash or turn on or something when I push the buttons?? Mine doesn't do
> anything. Again, I've tried replacing the batteries, but it seems like

the
> thing is dead.
>
> Maybe I just have a bad remote.
>
> "Lazarus" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:c0ufvn$p24$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > you MUST connect the W.O.L lead from the c box to the mb and then switch

> it
> > on in the bios.
> >
> > Then your remote will work ok!
> >
> > "Lord Dragosani" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news8yYb.9220$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > I just got a new Chaintech CT-JCJS. All seems to be working fine

except
> > for
> > > the "Handigator" remote. I've got the CBox and drivers installed

> > properly,
> > > but nothing happens when I push the buttons on the remote. I've also

> > tried
> > > putting fresh new batteries in it.
> > >
> > > Any Ideas out there??

Lazarus

The LED is a strange beast......the first time i ever inserted batteries and
pressed the mouse pad the led flashed red once.

At the time I didnt have the WOL connected.

It has never ever flashed again even when inserting new batts so either it
was an indicator that WOL wasnt connected or its a factory preset and only
ever flashes once when you first use it to indicate its working ok

Thats all I can think of!

"Lord Dragosani" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:P1CYb.24829$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks for the tip! Unfortunately, it still isn't working.
>
> I notice that there is a red LED near the top of the remote. Shouldn't it
> flash or turn on or something when I push the buttons?? Mine doesn't do
> anything. Again, I've tried replacing the batteries, but it seems like

the
> thing is dead.
>
> Maybe I just have a bad remote.
>
> "Lazarus" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:c0ufvn$p24$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > you MUST connect the W.O.L lead from the c box to the mb and then switch

> it
> > on in the bios.
> >
> > Then your remote will work ok!
> >
> > "Lord Dragosani" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news8yYb.9220$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > I just got a new Chaintech CT-JCJS. All seems to be working fine

except
> > for
> > > the "Handigator" remote. I've got the CBox and drivers installed

> > properly,
> > > but nothing happens when I push the buttons on the remote. I've also

> > tried
> > > putting fresh new batteries in it.
> > >
> > > Any Ideas out there??

CT-9CJS how to re-program handigator? TIA rmandigo Chaintech 0 04-06-2004 10:52 PM
9CJS "handigator" range? Ian Chaintech 8 01-17-2004 01:48 AM
Handigator for 9CJS Ginchy Chaintech 2 12-07-2003 08:15 PM
handigator 9cjs dodo Chaintech 0 11-03-2003 05:39 PM
Re: Handigator Ricky Chaintech 1 07-12-2003 07:12 AM