CT-9CJS Zenith Trouble with handigator, won't work

jlcarriere

Brand new setup, everything else works just as it should both mainboard and
Cbox3. Think I might have a defective handigator. There is a red light on
the remote which I'm assuming should light up if operational. Mine will not
light at all. Put new batteries in just to be sure and still nothing.

Any input, suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Jeff

Ginchy

forget the red light it does nothing

you have to connect the WOL lead and activate it in the bios before the
remote will work!

HTH

"jlcarriere" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:a%CJd.6867$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Brand new setup, everything else works just as it should both mainboard

and
> Cbox3. Think I might have a defective handigator. There is a red light

on
> the remote which I'm assuming should light up if operational. Mine will

not
> light at all. Put new batteries in just to be sure and still nothing.
>
> Any input, suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!
>
> Jeff

jlcarriere

Thanks a million dude. Funny it doesn't mention that very important detail
in any of there manuals. Infact, thats flippin lame.

That is the only thing I haven't connected.
Thanks again, HTH

Jeff

"Ginchy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ct8342$pek$(E-Mail Removed)...
> forget the red light it does nothing
>

> you have to connect the WOL lead and activate it in the bios before the
> remote will work!
>
> HTH
>

> "jlcarriere" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:a%CJd.6867$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Brand new setup, everything else works just as it should both mainboard

> and
>> Cbox3. Think I might have a defective handigator. There is a red light

> on
>> the remote which I'm assuming should light up if operational. Mine will

> not
>> light at all. Put new batteries in just to be sure and still nothing.
>>
>> Any input, suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!
>>
>> Jeff

Ginchy

When I got my board a year ago I had to write to them and they told me. They
then put it in the FAQ on the board but then removed it again????

"jlcarriere" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:uvPJd.8553$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks a million dude. Funny it doesn't mention that very important

detail
> in any of there manuals. Infact, thats flippin lame.
>
> That is the only thing I haven't connected.
> Thanks again, HTH
>
> Jeff
>

> "Ginchy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:ct8342$pek$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > forget the red light it does nothing
> >

> > you have to connect the WOL lead and activate it in the bios before the
> > remote will work!
> >
> > HTH
> >

> > "jlcarriere" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:a%CJd.6867$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> Brand new setup, everything else works just as it should both mainboard

> > and
> >> Cbox3. Think I might have a defective handigator. There is a red

light
> > on
> >> the remote which I'm assuming should light up if operational. Mine

will
> > not
> >> light at all. Put new batteries in just to be sure and still nothing.
> >>
> >> Any input, suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!
> >>
> >> Jeff

DigiSign

Hi!
Does you card reader work?
My handigator works fine but can't access SM memory card (WinXP pro)

"jlcarriere" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:a%CJd.6867$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Brand new setup, everything else works just as it should both mainboard

and
> Cbox3. Think I might have a defective handigator. There is a red light

on
> the remote which I'm assuming should light up if operational. Mine will

not
> light at all. Put new batteries in just to be sure and still nothing.
>
> Any input, suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!
>
> Jeff

jlcarriere

My card reader works great, but I've only used it with my SD card, Haven't
used the SM reader. Does the SM show up in "My Computer" as a removeable
drive? I know I see all the the different card readers in MY COMPUTER..

"DigiSign" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ctikms$n7a$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi!
> Does you card reader work?
> My handigator works fine but can't access SM memory card (WinXP pro)
>
> "jlcarriere" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:a%CJd.6867$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Brand new setup, everything else works just as it should both mainboard

> and
>> Cbox3. Think I might have a defective handigator. There is a red light

> on
>> the remote which I'm assuming should light up if operational. Mine will

> not
>> light at all. Put new batteries in just to be sure and still nothing.
>>
>> Any input, suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!
>>
>> Jeff

DigiSign

Can't see none of them! When I tried to instal drivers for CBox my system
says that it's an XP system wich needs no other drivers for card reader?!

"jlcarriere" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:j5XLd.2029$(E-Mail Removed)...
> My card reader works great, but I've only used it with my SD card, Haven't
> used the SM reader. Does the SM show up in "My Computer" as a removeable
> drive? I know I see all the the different card readers in MY COMPUTER..
>

> "DigiSign" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:ctikms$n7a$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi!
> > Does you card reader work?
> > My handigator works fine but can't access SM memory card (WinXP pro)
> >
> > "jlcarriere" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:a%CJd.6867$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> Brand new setup, everything else works just as it should both mainboard

> > and
> >> Cbox3. Think I might have a defective handigator. There is a red

light
> > on
> >> the remote which I'm assuming should light up if operational. Mine

will
> > not
> >> light at all. Put new batteries in just to be sure and still nothing.
> >>
> >> Any input, suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!
> >>
> >> Jeff

jlcarriere

My XP system said the same thing, however, I installed them anyway and it
worked like a charm. Give it a shot. It will be worth it if it to get your
card readers to work.

I did notice that the card readers use one of the USB headers as the way to
move data from the card reader. I think the confusion comes from XP doesn't
need the driver to activate the USB header, but does need the other drivers
for all the different card readers.

My card readers shows up in XP as removeable drives with a red dot next to
the drive. Also gives the different type of reader SD, SM, ect.

Let me know if it works

Jeff

"DigiSign" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ctrcre$9cb$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can't see none of them! When I tried to instal drivers for CBox my system
> says that it's an XP system wich needs no other drivers for card reader?!
>
> "jlcarriere" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:j5XLd.2029$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> My card reader works great, but I've only used it with my SD card,
>> Haven't
>> used the SM reader. Does the SM show up in "My Computer" as a removeable
>> drive? I know I see all the the different card readers in MY COMPUTER..
>>

>> "DigiSign" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:ctikms$n7a$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Hi!
>> > Does you card reader work?
>> > My handigator works fine but can't access SM memory card (WinXP pro)
>> >
>> > "jlcarriere" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> > news:a%CJd.6867$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > and

> light
>> > on

> will
>> > not

DigiSign

Hello again!

Tried via "Add new hardware" - system found nothing!
Started "Setup" from CBox3_v1.8b, got Disk monitor installed wich through
"Force refresh" showed nothing new!
Can you please describe how you succeede to install yours?

"jlcarriere" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:QrsMd.7540$(E-Mail Removed)...
> My XP system said the same thing, however, I installed them anyway and it
> worked like a charm. Give it a shot. It will be worth it if it to get

your
> card readers to work.
>
> I did notice that the card readers use one of the USB headers as the way

> move data from the card reader. I think the confusion comes from XP

doesn't
> need the driver to activate the USB header, but does need the other

drivers
> for all the different card readers.
>
> My card readers shows up in XP as removeable drives with a red dot next to
> the drive. Also gives the different type of reader SD, SM, ect.
>
> Let me know if it works
>
> Jeff
>

> "DigiSign" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:ctrcre$9cb$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Can't see none of them! When I tried to instal drivers for CBox my

system
> > says that it's an XP system wich needs no other drivers for card

reader?!

> > "jlcarriere" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:j5XLd.2029$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> My card reader works great, but I've only used it with my SD card,
> >> Haven't
> >> used the SM reader. Does the SM show up in "My Computer" as a

removeable
> >> drive? I know I see all the the different card readers in MY

COMPUTER..

> >> "DigiSign" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:ctikms$n7a$(E-Mail Removed)...

> > light

> > will

nothing.

jlcarriere

Try uninstalling the Cbox stuff and reinstalling everything. Here is
another shot in the dark, switch your USB cable leads on the Cbox. Just by
chance it could be possible that one of the USB headers isn't active or just
not working.

Another approach, unplug the USB cables from Cbox or Motherboard which ever
is easier for you. Then turn on the computer. Shut down the computer.
reconnect leads and see if it finds new hardware. Try to install the Cbox
drivers again. Hopefully it will pick it up!

Test, both your USB headers using a USB device of any sort and make sure the
USB ports are working. Once you have checked the first USB header, switch
the leads and test the other USB header.

Let me know if you have any success.

news:cttovt$jp$(E-Mail Removed)...