ct7-aja2 motherboard checksum error

geepeetee

Hi

I have had the motherboard (as header) for about 2 years now and i find it
goes through a CMOS battery once a year, giving the checksum error when it
is flat. On other mobo's i have found they normally last 3 or 4 years at
least but the batteries are cheap enough so it is not a problem.

I have just changed it again but this time i am still getting the error
message Chaintech say it is poor contacts on the battery or the CMOS jumper.
I have cleaned these the best i can but it has not made any difference. It
only reports the error message when it has been off for a while (ie
overnight).

Could there be another reason for this or is it possilby a faulty
motherboard (has anyone come across this before).

thanks

Gary

BIOS checksum error with ASUS M4N78 PRO motherboard Daniel Prince Asus 13 04-30-2010 06:13 PM
A7N8X Motherboard Low Temperature Sensitivity, CMOS Checksum Error kony Asus 0 10-10-2004 05:32 AM
CMOS checksum error fatal? FOLLOWUP Nick Abit 0 10-03-2003 08:55 PM
CMOS checksum error fatal? Nick Abit 5 09-30-2003 12:59 AM
IS7 cmos checksum error red_riding_hood Abit 9 07-12-2003 11:11 PM