D845GLAD motherboard bios recovery file

Naren

Hello

I have D845GLAD motherboard having no display. I need bios recovery
file (.BIO) for this. Can anyone let me know from where i can
download .bio file for this motherboard.

Many thanks

Naren

Alphonse Q Muthafuyer

Appears to be part of bios updates at:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Sear....aspx?lang=eng

AQ

On Fri, 1 Jan 2010 00:16:32 -0800 (PST), Naren <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hello
>
>I have D845GLAD motherboard having no display. I need bios recovery
>file (.BIO) for this. Can anyone let me know from where i can
>download .bio file for this motherboard.
>
>Many thanks
>
>Naren

"The monkey and the baboon was playing 7-up.
The monkey won the money but he scared to pick it up.
The monkey stumbled, mama.
The baboon fell.
The monkey grab the money and he run like hell!"
- from "Dirty Motherfuyer", Roosevelt Sykes, around 1935

Naren

Thanks AQ

BUT i need recovery bios file which have .BIO extention. Intel link
has update files.

Regards

Naren
On Jan 1, 9:03*pm, Alphonse Q Muthafuyer <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Appears to be part of bios updates at:
>
> http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Sear....aspx?lang=eng
>
> * AQ
>
> On Fri, 1 Jan 2010 00:16:32 -0800 (PST), Naren <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >Hello

> >I have D845GLAD motherboard having no display. I need bios recovery
> >file (.BIO) for this. Can anyone let me know from where i can
> >download .bio file for this motherboard.

> >Many thanks

> >Naren

> "The monkey and the baboon was playing 7-up.
> *The monkey won the money but he scared to pick it up.
> *The monkey stumbled, mama.
> *The baboon fell.
> *The monkey grab the money and he run like hell!"
> * * - from "Dirty Motherfuyer", Roosevelt Sykes, around 1935

Bob Bailin

The BIO file you need is buried in the BIOS update program
used to make a bootable BIOS update floppy. What complicates
things is that the floppy update method now uses a ramdisk,
so the update files are no longer in the root directory of
the floppy, but are buried in SW.EXE, to be extracted only
when the update is run.

Go to the BIOS update for your board using the link below.

Choose Desktop Boards. Click on the button for Discontinued Products.

Select your board from the 845 series list. Select BIOS.
Create a file on your desktop called BIOS
From the latest BIOS (P17) download the Iflash (floppy) method to
the Desktop\BIOS folder.

Run the ...IB.exe file you just downloaded. Allow it to extract files to
the BIOS folder. Run the SW.EXE file now in the BIOS folder.
Allow it to extract files and overwrite any existing files.

Format a blank floppy and copy the P17-0043.BIO file to it.

Remove the Recovery BIOS jumper. See
http://www.intel.com/support/motherb.../cs-008715.htm
for details.

Insert the floppy, power up the system. There will be no video.
Allow it to run for up to 5 minutes. It will beep during the update process.
When it's done, remember to put back the BIOS jumper.

This should work, but if it doesn't, try copying all the P17-0043.* files
to the floppy, along with BIOS.REC and LOGODATA.USR
and try again.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...