D865PERL warranty

Mr. Mike

My P4 board is dead. I don't have the docs or CD anymore. The intel
website says the CD contains warranty info. It also has a
pay-per-incident phone number. Does anyone know what the warranty on
this thing is, or if there is a free phone number where I could check
warranty and request an RMA?

Mike

LaManchaDQ

Mr. Mike Here you go - warranty on this board and how to get warranty
service

Limited Warranty for Intel® Desktop Board and

Intel® Workstation Board Boxed Products

Intel warrants that the Products (defined herein as the Intel® Desktop and
Workstation Boards and all of their various

components but excluding stand-alone semiconductor component products
(including but not limited to processors and

chipsets) and software delivered with or as part of the Products) to be
delivered hereunder, if properly used and installed,

will be free from defects in material and workmanship and will substantially
conform to Intel's publicly available

specifications for a period of three (3) years after the date the Product
was purchased from an Intel authorized distributor.

This limited warranty applies only when Product is evaluated with an Intel
microprocessor. SOFTWARE OF ANY KIND

DELIVERED WITH OR AS PART OF PRODUCTS IS EXPRESSLY PROVIDED "AS IS" UNLESS
SPECIFICALLY

PROVIDED FOR OTHERWISE IN ANY SOFTWARE LICENSE ACCOMPANYING THE SOFTWARE.

If any Product furnished by Intel which is the subject of this Limited
Warranty fails during the warranty period for reasons

covered by this Limited Warranty, Intel, at its option, will:

.. REPAIR the Product by means of hardware and/or software; OR

.. REPLACE the Product with another Product, OR, if Intel is unable to repair
or replace the Product,

.. REFUND the then-current value of the Product.

If such Product is defective, transportation charges for the return of
Product to Buyer within the USA will be paid by Intel.

For all other locations, the warranty excludes all costs of shipping,
customs clearance and other related charges. Intel

will have a reasonable time to make repairs or to replace Product or to
refund the then-current value of the Product.

IN NO EVENT WILL INTEL BE LIABLE FOR ANY OTHER COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH THE
REPLACEMENT OR

REPAIR OF PRODUCT, INCLUDING LABOR, INSTALLATION OR OTHER COSTS INCURRED BY
BUYER, AND IN

PARTICULAR, ANY COSTS RELATING TO THE REMOVAL OR REPLACEMENT OF ANY PRODUCT
SOLDERED OR

OTHERWISE PERMANENTLY AFFIXED TO ANY PRINTED CIRCUIT BOARD.

THIS LIMITED WARRANTY, AND ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES THAT MAY EXIST UNDER STATE
LAW, APPLY

ONLY TO THE ORIGINAL PURCHASER OF THE PRODUCT.

Extent of Limited Warranty

Intel does not warrant that Products to be delivered hereunder, whether
delivered stand-alone or integrated with other

Products, including without limitation semi-conductor components, will be
free from design defects or errors known as

"errata." Current characterized errata are available upon request.

This limited warranty does not cover damages due to external causes,
including accident, problems with electrical power,

usage not in accordance with product instructions, misuse, neglect,
alteration, repair, improper installation, or improper

testing.

WARRANTY LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS

THESE WARRANTIES REPLACE ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED
INCLUDING, BUT

NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A
PARTICULAR

PURPOSE. INTEL MAKES NO EXPRESSED WARRANTIES BEYOND THOSE STATED HERE. INTEL

DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED INCLUDING, WITHOUT
LIMITATION,

IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
SOME

JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO THIS
LIMITATION MAY

NOT APPLY.

ALL EXPRESSED AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES ARE LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE LIMITED
WARRANTY

PERIOD. NO WARRANTIES APPLY AFTER THAT PERIOD. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT
ALLOW

LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THIS LIMITATION MAY
NOT APPLY

TO YOU.

Copyright ? Intel Corporation, 2000. Part Number: 681830-002

How to Obtain Warranty Service

To obtain warranty service for this Product, you may contact Intel or your
authorized distributor.

In North America: To request warranty service from Intel, call Intel at
1-800-628-8686 during the warranty period during

normal business hours (Pacific Time), excluding holidays. Please be prepared
to provide: (1) your name, address, and

telephone numbers; (2) model name and serial number of the Product; (3) an
explanation of the problem. [Note: The

Customer Service Representative may need additional information from you
depending on the nature of the problem.]

In Europe, Asia, or South America: Contact your original authorized
distributor for warranty service.

Any replacement Product is warranted under this written warranty and is
subject to the same limitations and exclusions

for the remainder of the original warranty period.

"Mr. Mike" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> My P4 board is dead. I don't have the docs or CD anymore. The intel
> website says the CD contains warranty info. It also has a
> pay-per-incident phone number. Does anyone know what the warranty on
> this thing is, or if there is a free phone number where I could check
> warranty and request an RMA?
>
> Mike

LaManchaDQ

"Mr. Mike" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> My P4 board is dead. I don't have the docs or CD anymore. The intel
> website says the CD contains warranty info. It also has a
> pay-per-incident phone number. Does anyone know what the warranty on
> this thing is, or if there is a free phone number where I could check
> warranty and request an RMA?
>
> Mike

Here is the warranty text on your board and the contact information for
warranty work.

[...]
LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
INTEL'S RESPONSIBILITY UNDER THIS, OR ANY OTHER WARRANTY, IMPLIED OR
EXPRESSED, IS
LIMITED TO REPAIR, REPLACEMENT OR REFUND, AS SET FORTH ABOVE. THESE REMEDIES
ARE THE
SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDIES FOR ANY BREACH OF WARRANTY. INTEL IS NOT
RESPONSIBLE
FOR DIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES RESULTING FROM ANY
BREACH
OF WARRANTY UNDER ANOTHER LEGAL THEORY INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOST
PROFITS,
DOWNTIME, GOODWILL, DAMAGE TO OR REPLACEMENT OF EQUIPMENT AND PROPERTY, AND
ANY
COSTS OF RECOVERING, REPROGRAMMING, OR REPRODUCING ANY PROGRAM OR DATA
STORED IN
OR USED WITH A SYSTEM CONTAINING THIS PRODUCT. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT
ALLOW THE
EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE
LIMITATIONS
OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE
OTHER RIGHTS
THAT VARY FROM JURISDICTION TO JURISDICTION.
ANY AND ALL DISPUTES ARISING UNDER OR RELATED TO THIS LIMITED WARRANTY SHALL
BE ADJUDICATED
IN THE FOLLOWING FORUMS AND GOVERNED BY THE FOLLOWING LAWS: FOR THE UNITED
STATES
OF AMERICA, CANADA, NORTH AMERICA AND SOUTH AMERICA, THE FORUM SHALL BE
SANTA CLARA,
CALIFORNIA, USA AND THE APPLICABLE LAW SHALL BE THAT OF THE STATE OF
CALIFORNIA, USA; FOR
THE ASIA PACIFIC REGION, THE FORUM SHALL BE SINGAPORE AND THE APPLICABLE LAW
SHALL BE THAT
OF SINGAPORE; FOR EUROPE AND THE REST OF THE WORLD, THE FORUM SHALL BE
LONDON AND THE
APPLICABLE LAW SHALL BE THAT OF THE UNITED KINGDOM.
IN THE EVENT OF ANY CONFLICT BETWEEN THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE VERSION AND ANY
OTHER TRANSLATED
VERSION(S) OF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY, THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE VERSION SHALL
CONTROL.