D865PERLL WinXpPro and Win2kPro RAID/non-RAID install problems

Marv

For the life of me, and for the last 3 weeks, I've tried everything I
can think of to install either win200pro or winXP pro on my new Intel
D865PERLL motherboard. I've upgraded the BIOS to the latest version.
And I'm trying to use the RAID driver (since I have 2 identical
Western Digitial 120Gb SATA harddrives).
I haven't had any luck installing with or without RAID turned on. At
this point I'd accept just getting windows installed and then using
the Application accellerator to do the rest of the work.
What happens is I'm able to see both drives, or one RAID volume if I
set it up that way. Either OS will sometimes create an NTFS partition,
other times it says the disk doesn't contain a compatible partition,
even after I delete it and then create one.
I 've run western digital diagnostics on both drives and they checkout
ok.
I have even tried going backwards in the BIOS revisions, but still no
joy.
I'm open to any and all suggestions and ideas, just don't be upset if
I tell you I've tried that already.