DAMSEL IN DISTRESS - GM5478 - Vista to XP pro

Junior Member

Hi there,

I am trying to install XP Pro on this machine, however each time setup starts loading I get the dreaded blue screen at the very first "windows is starting", that is before format or set options. Now I believe that is happening because of the SATA hard drive, I have went into the bios and chosen the IDE option as far as the Hard drive option (RAID, IDE or AHCI), but still no luck . I still think the problem is somewhere in the BIOS settings.. can someone point me in the right direction? or ????