Dawn Demo on Radeon 9700 Pro

Adster

Has anyone else had trouble running the Nvidia Dawn demo using the opengl
wrapper?

Im using the latest catalyst drivers, Direct X 9.0b and installed the
wrapper dll as instructed but every time I run the demo I just get "This
program requires an NVIDIA GeForceFX-class GPU or better to run. Unsupported
features: NV Point Sprite"

I have a 128MB Radeon 9700 Pro running at 8xAGP on Windows XP Pro SP1

Would be really greatful for some help.

Regards

Adster

Chris Willetts

You're not just after a quick perv of her are you?
"Adster" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3f5ce776$0$33801$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> Has anyone else had trouble running the Nvidia Dawn demo using the opengl
> wrapper?
>
> Im using the latest catalyst drivers, Direct X 9.0b and installed the
> wrapper dll as instructed but every time I run the demo I just get "This
> program requires an NVIDIA GeForceFX-class GPU or better to run.

Unsupported
> features: NV Point Sprite"
>
> I have a 128MB Radeon 9700 Pro running at 8xAGP on Windows XP Pro SP1
>
> Would be really greatful for some help.
>
> Regards
>
> Adster

Arthur Ricker

I could run it fine until I installed DirectX 9.0b.
After the install I would get the same message.
Art.
"Adster" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3f5ce776$0$33801$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> Has anyone else had trouble running the Nvidia Dawn demo using the opengl
> wrapper?
>
> Im using the latest catalyst drivers, Direct X 9.0b and installed the
> wrapper dll as instructed but every time I run the demo I just get "This
> program requires an NVIDIA GeForceFX-class GPU or better to run.

Unsupported
> features: NV Point Sprite"
>
> I have a 128MB Radeon 9700 Pro running at 8xAGP on Windows XP Pro SP1
>
> Would be really greatful for some help.
>
> Regards
>
> Adster

Tim Miser

What's your highest score with Dawn?

"Adster" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3f5ce776$0$33801$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> Has anyone else had trouble running the Nvidia Dawn demo using the opengl
> wrapper?
>
> Im using the latest catalyst drivers, Direct X 9.0b and installed the
> wrapper dll as instructed but every time I run the demo I just get "This
> program requires an NVIDIA GeForceFX-class GPU or better to run.

Unsupported
> features: NV Point Sprite"
>
> I have a 128MB Radeon 9700 Pro running at 8xAGP on Windows XP Pro SP1
>
> Would be really greatful for some help.
>
> Regards
>
> Adster

spamtrap@localhost

On Mon, 8 Sep 2003 17:44:24 -0700, "Tim Miser"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>What's your highest score with Dawn?

She took her clothes off for me, I didn't get any further though.
--
Andrew. To email unscramble (E-Mail Removed) & remove spamtrap.
Help make Usenet a better place:

Athura

runs fine, but you need to get the open gl wrapper for it.

http://www.rage3d.com/articles/atidawning/

Bugman

"Athura" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:bjk4bv$6tp$(E-Mail Removed)...
> runs fine, but you need to get the open gl wrapper for it.
>
> http://www.rage3d.com/articles/atidawning/

It hasn't run on my machine since I upgraded to DirectX 9.0b

Ben Pope

Bugman wrote:
> It hasn't run on my machine since I upgraded to DirectX 9.0b

Works on my 9800 Pro with DX9b

Ben

James H

Just go back to the 3.6 drivers and it will work just fine again. It is not
DirectX. Same problem here, I just reinstalled the 3.6 suite over the 3.7
suite and it works again. Thanks ATI.

Arthur Ricker wrote:
> I could run it fine until I installed DirectX 9.0b.
> After the install I would get the same message.
> Art.
> "Adster" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:3f5ce776$0$33801$(E-Mail Removed) ...
>> Has anyone else had trouble running the Nvidia Dawn demo using the
>> opengl wrapper?
>>
>> Im using the latest catalyst drivers, Direct X 9.0b and installed the
>> wrapper dll as instructed but every time I run the demo I just get
>> "This program requires an NVIDIA GeForceFX-class GPU or better to
>> run. Unsupported features: NV Point Sprite"
>>
>> I have a 128MB Radeon 9700 Pro running at 8xAGP on Windows XP Pro SP1
>>
>> Would be really greatful for some help.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Adster

grrrpoop

"Ben Pope" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bjkukg$k0ssa$(E-Mail Removed)-berlin.de...
> Bugman wrote:
> > It hasn't run on my machine since I upgraded to DirectX 9.0b

> Works on my 9800 Pro with DX9b
>
> Ben
> --

Also runs fine here. DX9.0b and Cat 3.6

It WILL NOT work with the new Cat 3.7's as an extension is now exposed in a
different way and a call the wrapper is making now fails (or at least that's
the excuse I've heard).

I don't think making sure Dawn is working should be a priority for ATI, I'd
prefer it if they spent more time on actual game fixes ;-)

I'm still using 3.6 anyway as not having any / many probs (BF1942 doesn't
stutter if you spend a little time tweaking the **** out of it, works fine
for me now and no other probs to speak of apart from sound lag in OGL games
which is down to my SBLive I reckon... *smacks it*).