(Debian) No Sound on ThinkPad T22

Patrick

I have installed 'Debian' on an 'IBM ThinkPad T22', all seems great (pretty
fast for 256mem and 900MHZ CPU).

However, there is no sound, there is a cross by the sound-icon, and when
right-clicking the icon and clicking 'Preference', I get this error report;
____

"The volume control did not find any elements and/or devices to control.
This means either that you don't have the right GStreamer plugins installed,
or that you don't have a sound card configured.

You can remove the volume control from the panel by right-clicking the
speaker icon on the panel and selecting "Remove From Panel" from the menu."
_____

This is the section from 'PCI32'-report about the Sound-card;

Bus 0 (PCI), Device Number 5, Device Function 0
Vendor 1013h Cirrus Logic
Device 6003h CS 4614/22/24/30 [CrystalClear SoundFusion Audio Accelerator]
Command 0002h (Memory Access)
Status 0410h (Has Capabilities List, Slow Timing)
Revision 01h, Header Type 00h, Bus Latency Timer 40h
Minimum Bus Grant 04h, Maximum Bus Latency 18h
Self test 00h (Self test not supported)
PCI Class Multimedia, type Audio
Subsystem ID 01531014h ThinkPad 600X/A20m
Subsystem Vendor 1014h IBM
Address 0 is a Memory Address (anywhere in 0-4Gb) : E8100000h
Address 1 is a Memory Address (anywhere in 0-4Gb) : E8000000h
System IRQ 11, INT# A
New Capabilities List Present:
Power Management Capability, Version 1.1
Supports low power State D1
Supports low power State D2
Does not support PME# signalling
Current Power State : D0 (Device operational, no power saving)
_____

I seem to have found a page at 'wiki.debian.org' that seems to be the
requirement;
http://wiki.debian.org/snd-cs46xx

However, it dosn't seem to be written in *WIN*glish

I don't know where to start, so will someone come round here and explain it
(do it for me )!

Patrick

Thanks for reading but please disregard OP.
I have now installed XPHome, Win-update seems to have done a great job with
it.

Bye !

Patrick wrote:
> I have installed 'Debian' on an 'IBM ThinkPad T22', all seems great

<snipped>

IBM T22 sound distortion seppie17@zonnet.nl IBM Thinkpad 0 10-25-2005 07:23 PM
No keyboard (thinkpad t22) Alexis Guillaume PC Hardware 1 01-02-2005 09:40 PM
ibm thinkpad t22 news.wxs.nl IBM 0 11-16-2003 02:39 PM
IRAssistant and ThinkPad T22 MKwiR PC Hardware 0 08-30-2003 08:13 AM
Flush wireless card for Thinkpad T22 (with internal antenna) Luigi Vandoni Laptops 1 07-05-2003 04:20 PM