Dedicated graphics card

Junior Member

Hi guys I wonder if someone could help me out here please.
My son has a new Pc with a Asus M4A78lT-M motherboard with integrated HDMI/DVI/VGA graphics -DDRS. it has 1GB ATI Radeon HD3000 integrated graphics, with 4GB ram. He has loaded Call of duty modern warfare on and the picture laggs quite a bit. I'm looking to upgrade the graphics card to a dedicated card to help improve gameplay. The processor is an AMD Athlon X4 640 Quad core - 95w AM3.
I know very little about this stuff as you have probably guessed by this threat and was hoping that someone could recommend a good dedicated graphics card to go with this set up. Also is it possible to use the onboard card as well as the dedicated card to run together for even better performance....

thanks for your help.....