Default administrator password?

JHawk

I'm fixing a friend's Gateway 835GM. I had to perform a full
(destructive) system restore from the CDs. One system file
(msgina.dll) would not install correctly. Unfortunately this is
required to get into Win XP.

I am comfortable installing this file via the Recovery Console, but
when I try to access the c:\windows directory, I am asked for the
Administrator password. Since this is a fresh installation, it must be
a default password. I've tried just hitting ENTER and also all the
logical default passwords I can think of. Can anyone tell me the
default Administrator password?

(Lest anyone ask why don't I just do a repair installation since I
obviously have an XP CD, my CD is for XP Pro, and the Gateway has XP
Media Center Edition.)

Thanks.