Delay the Input Panel

Lauri

Gateway Tablet PC with windows XP.
When trying to use the floating Input Panel, it goes away too quickly for
some of my users. Is there a way to delay it or adjust how long it stays on
the screen?

tia

--
Lauri
Bellingham Public Schools

Chris H

No really a "setting" to make it not disappear, but you might want to take a
look at where they are holding the pen. That awareness by the recognizer in
the Tablet PC ceases when the pen tip reaches a distance where it is believe
that the user has removed the pen.

For instance, if a user has activated the floating TIP and then scratches
their nose with the hand holding the pen, the TIP will disappear because it
is no longer in the recognizable range. If you train them to keep the pen
tip perhaps 1/2 or 3/4 of an inch from the surface of the screen, everything
will be fine.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

"Lauri" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Gateway Tablet PC with windows XP.
> When trying to use the floating Input Panel, it goes away too quickly for
> some of my users. Is there a way to delay it or adjust how long it stays
> on the screen?
>
> tia
>
> --
> Lauri
> Bellingham Public Schools
> Application Support

Lauri

On my tablet, the window stays long enough for me to use it. On another
tablet it dissapears FAST. I'l try switching stylus' and see if that helps.

Thanks.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...