Dell 1545 Power Button Cable

Junior Member

Hi,
I have a Dell 1545 that was dropped. The DC power board got damaged so I ordered one to replace myself for $30 instead of the $500 dell wanted. I may have created another problem as the small black clip that holds the small ribbon cable for the power button board has come off and I cannot get it back in to hold the cable in place. Needless to say I cannot get the laptop to power up (althought the battery is now charged from replacing the power board so at least that part of my task was successful). How can I determine if my cable blunder is the problem? This connector is also integrated on the mobo so I'm assuming I would need to replace the motherboard if this cable issue is insolvable.
Thanks in advance,
Dave

Junior Member

The little plastic ZIF connector just holds the cable in place securely. Usually if that gets broken its very hard to find a replacement, and I recommend using a piece of electrical tape or something similar. That has worked fine in the past for me but if its still not working you might end up having to replace the power button board.

Dell Inspiron 1545 - password stuffed Roy L Laptops 11 11-25-2011 08:50 PM
Dell Inspiron 1545 KM Dell 1 03-20-2011 05:48 AM
Dell Inspiron 1545 Windows 7 wifi wierdness Ben Myers Dell 17 10-20-2010 11:12 PM
Re: Replacing Dell Inspiron 1545 Back Cover Pen Laptops 0 07-26-2010 04:13 PM
Re: Replacing Dell Inspiron 1545 Back Cover Bob Villa Laptops 0 07-26-2010 03:17 PM