Dell 17" Ultrasharp distortions

Dan

I just purhased a new dell and I got a 17" Ultrasharp with it .
The problem that I've noticed is that the image appears stretched
vertically in the 1024x768 setting which is the size I worked at with my old
crt screen without a problem. If I set the monitor to 1280x1024 all is fine
but I fnd some of the text appears a bit too small and would prefer to use
other setting .
Is there anything I can do to correct this? or is it time to look for
something else?
Thanks.

OhNo

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I just purhased a new dell and I got a 17" Ultrasharp with it .
> The problem that I've noticed is that the image appears stretched
> vertically in the 1024x768 setting which is the size I worked at with my
> old crt screen without a problem. If I set the monitor to 1280x1024 all is
> fine but I fnd some of the text appears a bit too small and would prefer
> to use other setting .
> Is there anything I can do to correct this? or is it time to look for
> something else?
> Thanks.

when set to 1280x1024 have you tried Display Properties, Appearance, and
change the Font size to Large.

Greg

It sounds like the native resolution of your monitor is 1280x1024. Setting
lower will cause the text and objects on the screen to appear less clear.
LCD's are different than CRT monitors in the fact that you can't change the
LCD to a lower resolution than what the LCD was designed for. Just change
the size of your fonts in the display manager if they are too small.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I just purhased a new dell and I got a 17" Ultrasharp with it .
> The problem that I've noticed is that the image appears stretched
> vertically in the 1024x768 setting which is the size I worked at with my
> old crt screen without a problem. If I set the monitor to 1280x1024 all is
> fine but I fnd some of the text appears a bit too small and would prefer
> to use other setting .
> Is there anything I can do to correct this? or is it time to look for
> something else?
> Thanks.

journey

On Sat, 24 Jun 2006 11:39:19 -0500, "Dan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>vertically in the 1024x768 setting which is the size I worked at with my old
>crt screen without a problem. If I set the monitor to 1280x1024 all is fine
>but I fnd some of the text appears a bit too small and would prefer to use
>other setting .

Right click on desktop, choose properties, go to the settings tab,
then advanced, then change to 120 dpi