DELL 2400 Max processor speed

fred

Does anybody know what the fastest CPU speed this machine will take. I know
it is advertised at 2.4G and 533Mhz memory bus, but will it take a 2.8G?

Also, I am looking for more peripheral bay mounting hardware. It looks like
it will accept a second HDD but the DELL website says only one. I think the
chassis is capable of it, anybody know the chassis parts very well for this
microtower?

thanks, dc

S.Lewis

"fred" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> Does anybody know what the fastest CPU speed this machine will take. I

know
> it is advertised at 2.4G and 533Mhz memory bus, but will it take a 2.8G?
>
> Also, I am looking for more peripheral bay mounting hardware. It looks

like
> it will accept a second HDD but the DELL website says only one. I think

the
> chassis is capable of it, anybody know the chassis parts very well for

this
> microtower?
>
> thanks, dc

It can handle a second hard disk provided you add the 2nd drive cage (much
like the Dim4600) and a new IDE1 /2 connect ribbon cable. There's a guy on
ebay or here who's been selling such "kits" for around $30.....

OldGezzer

I'm running a second 60 gig HD in mine. Couldn't find the hardware so I
wrapped it in bubble pack. It works.

news:xa0ob.2684$(E-Mail Removed)...