Dell 3000 spec - AGP / PCI-E ?

Colin Wilson

Can anyone advise if this model has a seperate AGP or PCI-E slot please ?
(I like to play FPS games like the original Half-Life on a regular basis)

They`re cheap via the small business side of the UK site at the moment, I
might be tempted to snap one up...

FWIW my wife has a 2400 - is there much difference between models ?

TIA

David

No pci/agp slots. Very similar to 2400...just a bit newer components.
Dave

David

I meant pci-e video card slots.
Dave

Colin Wilson

> I meant pci-e video card slots.

No worries - thanks for the reply...

I suppose the next question is, I know onboard gfx has the reputation of
being a dog, but how does intel extreme2 fare on older opengl games ?

For reference, i`m on a Geforce3 Ti200 at the moment

Edward J. Neth

Very poorly - your current video card will blow it away performance wise.

If any gaming at all is in the cards, you DO NOT want a 3000 system -
the low to mid-range cards now available can barely keep pace with many
games. In a few months, the games will have blown them by, and you'll
have no upgrade option at all but a new system.

The 3000 is fine for office work, browsing the Internet, etc. It is NOT
designed for any kind of gaming.

Colin Wilson wrote:
>>I meant pci-e video card slots.

> No worries - thanks for the reply...
>
> I suppose the next question is, I know onboard gfx has the reputation of
> being a dog, but how does intel extreme2 fare on older opengl games ?
>
> For reference, i`m on a Geforce3 Ti200 at the moment

Is a 2x/4x AGP v.2.0 slot compatible with the AGP 4x/8x slot? In other words, are 2x/4x AGP compatioble with 4x/8x AGP Video Cards? NIV Consulting Tyan 1 06-06-2007 11:04 AM
x1600 AGP detailed spec questions DDC ATI 2 03-18-2006 05:05 PM
Dell B110 PCI spec wink_1000 Dell 1 03-18-2006 05:21 AM
AGP mode spec Chris Hardware 0 12-02-2003 01:00 PM
Dell Poweredge 6300 power supply spec? Ben Dell 0 11-17-2003 10:12 AM