Dell 4550 ati 9700tx video twin display

ferg

I have dell 4550 system with ati 9700tx card,i would like to set this up for
twin display,i think my card may support twin display but im not sure what
i need and if i need to download any latest drivers to support this,any
help most welcome,im going to try and connect to a projector for main video
display while a second monitor can organise the format/content to be
projected

ferg

remove nospam to reply

Tom Scales

ferg,

I don't know the 9700, but the 9800 does support it. The big question --
how many monitor connectors are there? If there are two, you're set. If
one, you're not.

I'd download the latest drivers from ATI.

Tom
"ferg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:42ca577c$0$2040$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have dell 4550 system with ati 9700tx card,i would like to set this up
>for twin display,i think my card may support twin display but im not sure
>what i need and if i need to download any latest drivers to support
>this,any help most welcome,im going to try and connect to a projector for
>main video display while a second monitor can organise the format/content
>to be projected
>
> ferg
>
> remove nospam to reply
>
> --

Tom Scales

No that I read that, are you sure it is not a 9800tx? I don't remember a TX
version of the 9700. If it is the 9800, then yes, it does.

Tom
"ferg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:42ca577c$0$2040$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have dell 4550 system with ati 9700tx card,i would like to set this up
>for twin display,i think my card may support twin display but im not sure
>what i need and if i need to download any latest drivers to support
>this,any help most welcome,im going to try and connect to a projector for
>main video display while a second monitor can organise the format/content
>to be projected
>
> ferg
>
> remove nospam to reply
>
> --

Nick

On Tue, 5 Jul 2005 10:48:59 +0100, in alt.sys.pc-clone.dell, "ferg"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I have dell 4550 system with ati 9700tx card,i would like to set this up for
>twin display,i think my card may support twin display but im not sure what
>i need and if i need to download any latest drivers to support this,any
>help most welcome,im going to try and connect to a projector for main video
>display while a second monitor can organise the format/content to be
>projected

The ATI 9700 Pro supports two displays (that's what I had in my old
computer), but I don't know about the tx version.

Might take a look on ATI's web site and see what you can find there:
<http://www.ati.com/>.

--
Nick <(E-Mail Removed)>

ferg

>> The ATI 9700 Pro supports two displays (that's what I had in my old

> computer), but I don't know about the tx version.
>
> Might take a look on ATI's web site and see what you can find there:
> <http://www.ati.com/>.
>
> --
> Nick <(E-Mail Removed)>

its a 128 DDR ATI Radeon 9700 TX ,no info on dell or ATI website,im nearly
sure it has TVout
shows up in control panel as Radeon 9500 pro/9700 although on dell invoice
it says Radeon 9700TX
i guess i need to buy some sort of adaptor to get hooked up to 2 displays

ferg

remove nospam to reply

Best configuration for a twin-processor board letterzone@yahoo.com Motherboards 7 07-20-2005 06:23 AM
Ati 9700tx card 128mb ferg Nvidia 3 07-04-2005 03:10 PM
Nikkie Electronics Asia: hints at twin-Cell chip configuration for PlayStation3 a link to the past Intel 0 05-02-2005 01:50 PM
Genlockable twin composite output? Richard Cavell ATI 3 10-20-2004 12:13 PM
Genlockable twin composite output? Richard Cavell Matrox 3 10-20-2004 12:13 PM