Dell 530S Memory Upgrade?

Junior Member
Location: Washington DC

Greetings, all. I purchased a Dell 530S - several years ago and it has served me well. I upgraded the RAM to 4gb without problem. Now, however, I use many more memory hogging programs for work and in my mixed media hobby. I checked several years ago here and elsewhere about the possibility of upgrading the memory beyond 4gb, but learned that the motherboard was not built for that. Recently I have seen ads for ne 2gb single memory units which are alleged to work on the 530S. Would it be worth my time - and bucks - to try to do this? Many thanks. Bob G.

fans in Dell Inspiron 530S carkenord@juno.com Dell 3 06-22-2010 02:59 AM
DELL 530s Front Panel protaris Dell 0 05-20-2010 06:37 AM
new 530S and axin probelms xanth Dell 3 09-27-2008 08:30 PM
How large of a power supply do Inspiron 530s come with? void.no.spam.com@gmail.com Dell 9 04-30-2008 06:13 AM
Inspiron 530s + Don't Restart On Power Outage CtrlĄ/AltĄ/Del Dell 4 01-09-2008 09:47 PM