dell c810 power mgmt prob - batt to ac prob

Felicia Sutherland

I have a Dell Latitude C810 & with both the batt & ac connected works well.
when I unplugg my ac it immediately goes to batt power w/o shutting down,
but when the batt indicates its getting low I plug the AC back in and the
icon on the bottom will not switch back to AC power and eventually when the
batt goes dead the computer shuts down. I thne reboot and its all ok under
AC power in the lower right screen area. Why can I go from ac to batt w/o
shutting down but not from Batt to AC? I am using Windows XP and hv 512MB
sdram.

Do I need a new patch or what?

zero batt strength on 2 batt dtong22@yahoo.com Laptops 0 10-16-2006 08:14 AM
Sun V240 Net MGMT Port bvlmv@hotmail.com Sun Hardware 2 08-16-2006 04:46 PM
Weird Power Mgmt issue Boostm3 Dell 8 11-20-2005 02:32 PM
New weird power mgmt problem Boostm3 Gateway 4 11-18-2005 06:36 PM
seeks pwr mgmt comments for tech article Alex Wolfe Embedded 2 04-09-2004 03:32 PM