Dell D600 does not turn on properly with wifi (builtin mini PCI) card installed

vbDavidC

Hello,

My computer started having a problem a couple of months ago where when
I would turn on the computer. The monitor would not power up, the
Dell screen would not come up. The power LED would light up and I
believe the hard disk light also would light up and sometimes the
lights on over by the volume buttons would blink.

When I removed the wifi card I had no problem. Over the last couple of
weeks I have been using a USB wifi and have not had any problems. I
have tried 3 different wifi cards and the same thing happens. I
thought I resolve but when the machine would power up with the WiFi
the computer would lock up while in Windows after several minutes.
After I removed the wifi no problems whatsoever. The wifi cards work
in other D600s.

I have 4 D600s. Mine which has the problem. I bought one off of Ebay
and the same exact thing happens. I have 2 other D600s that have no
prolbem whatsoever.

Bob Villa

On Feb 23, 2:30*am, vbDavidC <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> My computer started having a problem a couple of months ago where when
> I would turn on the computer. *The monitor would not power up, the
> Dell screen would not come up. *The power LED would light up and I
> believe the hard disk light also would light up and sometimes the
> lights on over by the volume buttons would blink.
>
> When I removed the wifi card I had no problem. Over the last couple of
> weeks I have been using a USB wifi and have not had any problems. * I
> have tried 3 different wifi cards and the same thing happens. *I
> thought I resolve but when the machine would power up with the WiFi
> the computer would lock up while in Windows after several minutes.
> After I removed the wifi no problems whatsoever. *The wifi cards work
> in other D600s.
>
> I have 4 D600s. *Mine which has the problem. *I bought one off of Ebay
> and the same exact thing happens. *I have 2 other D600s that have no
> prolbem whatsoever.

Wild guess...check the BIOS as far as PCI. Check one the works and
compare.

vbDavidC

On Feb 23, 7:09*am, Bob Villa <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Feb 23, 2:30*am, vbDavidC <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

> > Hello,

> > My computer started having a problem a couple of months ago where when
> > I would turn on the computer. *The monitor would not power up, the
> > Dell screen would not come up. *The power LED would light up and I
> > believe the hard disk light also would light up and sometimes the
> > lights on over by the volume buttons would blink.

> > When I removed the wifi card I had no problem. Over the last couple of
> > weeks I have been using a USB wifi and have not had any problems. * I
> > have tried 3 different wifi cards and the same thing happens. *I
> > thought I resolve but when the machine would power up with the WiFi
> > the computer would lock up while in Windows after several minutes.
> > After I removed the wifi no problems whatsoever. *The wifi cards work
> > in other D600s.

> > I have 4 D600s. *Mine which has the problem. *I bought one off of Ebay
> > and the same exact thing happens. *I have 2 other D600s that have no
> > prolbem whatsoever.

> Wild guess...check the BIOS as far as PCI. Check one the works and
> compare.

Checked that. No setting for that. Thanks.